Closer

LILAH'S POV

After Elijah gave me Leona last night I went right to sleep.

But I'm still concerned on why he didn't go off on me. I disobeyed his orders and he hates when I do that.. But I love it.

It was a quiet morning, a lot of people were still sleeping. Which I didn't understand why.

Until I looked at the time.

7 am.

I shrugged and got changed into workout clothes before making my way down the the gym. There was only a few other people there which didn't surprise me. It's most peaceful in the morning since no one is awake and causing destruction.

I stayed for a good two hours before making my way to the kitchen. The chefs were "doing their thing" and it smelled so fucking delicious.

I tried to snag a few pieces but that only resulted in me getting a little slap on the hand.

It stung like hell.

So instead I decided to take a shower. And by the time I was finished with my shower.

Breakfast was ready.

It was french toast with powdered sugar and syrup layered over. A side of eggs, toast.. Weirdly- An assortment of fruits, bacon, sausage, and hash browns.

Now you're probably thinking, "Who the hell is going to eat all that?"

Me! That's who.

Just as I started eating Elijah came in looking more tired than usual.

"Morning boss." I said with a small grin.

He ignored me.

"I said-"

"I heard you Lilah."

"Then say it back."

He ignored me again, grabbing an apple this time and heading back out the door.

I sighed and then practically inhaled the food in front of me. It was so delicious. Definitely the best food i've had in a while. Giovanni needs to hire better maids.

When I was finished eating I washed my dish so the maids wouldn't have too. It's the least I can do for trying to eat the food before it was done.

Then I made my way to Elijah's office.

Because he's always fucking there.

Per usual I walked in without knocking and sat in front of him. He didn't correct me on it so I came to a conclusion.

Something's wrong.

"You're acting different.. What's on your mind?" I asked leaning back in my chair.

"I've just decided to stop trying with you. You don't listen. And I don't deal with ignorance." he replied

That shit stung too.

I stayed silent which caused him to look up at me.

"No smart ass response?" he asked me.

"The only ass here is you." I replied.

I just had to say it.

"Why are you like this? You have no fucking respect. You work under me. Not with me Lilah."

"Now I never said I didn't respect you. I just like messing with you." I said rolling my eyes.

He focused his attention back to the papers in front of him, deciding not to acknowledge my last statement.