The Plan: Analysing Stuff

Anne

"Alright guys," Adrien said as we assembled around him like a team, "very cleverly, I have managed sending Madison to the library with Patrick. Now we should be able to plan her birthday party in peace."

"Did I hear birthday party?!" Came a voice from somewhere behind me. I turned around and saw May approach us in secrecy. I sighed. This was not gonna be good.

She joined us and stood next to Andrew (of course) and said, "is this about Madison's birthday?"

No one answered her for a few seconds. I looked around where Adrien and Lex looked the least bothered. Ariana was looking at me and Andrew was glaring at May.

"Yes. Yes it is." I said through gritted teeth.

"Great! What do you guys think we should do?" she asked with a genuine smile. My heart ached for a second, thinking that May and Madison were friends and the fact that I didn't like May for personal reasons didn't make her a bad person in general.

"We? Um May, we as in me, Anne, Andrew, Lex and Adrien were planning something." Ariana spoke a bit harshly and added, "it would be great if you don't tell Madison about this."

May's shoulders drooped and she looked disappointed. But then she smiled and looked at Andrew, "of course I won't tell her, this is a surprise after all. Its just that, I'm great at planning things and if you're involving all of Madison's friends... I'm her friend too."

She was not wrong. We were even going to invite Joey and Brie, Madison's friend from work. May had to be there if we wanted to do this right for Mads.

"May, for now let us do the planning. We'll fill you up with the details and everything later on." I said. May looked satisfied and then went away.

"Anne?!" Ariana cried.

I gave her a reassuring look and then started to plan everything. I glanced at Andrew who didn't seem too thrilled about May coming to the party but it was how it should be. I felt bad though. Lex and Adrien still didn't seem to realise what was the deal but they hung along.

Within a few minutes, we decided that on this Saturday, we'll all go together and buy her a gift. Then on Sunday (that's when her birthday was), when she'll be at work, we will decorate the house and everything. It would be a small scale party, but something that Madison would like. Ariana said that she will talk to Brie to make arrangements for Madison's shift ending a bit late on Sunday (poor Mads will have to work extra on her birthday, but its all for the greater good).

On weekends, we generally spent time together at Madison's and Ariana's place but this time we were gonna come up with excuses for not being able to come.

We were just talking about this when we saw Madison approach our way.

"Well Patrick is a pain. Anyway, what are you guys talking about?" she said with a sigh. For a second I thought Lex was looking at her in awe but I wasn't sure. It was always really hard to read Lex's expressions.

"Stuff." Adrien said and we nodded. Boy, this was gonna be hard.

"Okay... Listen, while I was in the library, an idea popped into my head. What about a movie night on Saturday? It's weekend so I'm hoping you people will be free because I am."

Uh-oh. I knew this team was gonna suck at improvisation but there was no other option now. We had to think on excuses on the spot. This was gonna be messy.

"Uh, I can't. I have to go to my relatives' house for an event. You know how my family can be in matters like this." I said trying to sound convincing.