Bandmate

Madison

It feels so right to be here with you (oh)
And now looking in your eyes
I feel in my heart (feel in my heart)
The start of something new.

"Schwimmer, unplug your earphones for a minute." Adrien shook my shoulder with a jerk.

I put my pen down angrily, "Brooke, I've told you not to disturb me when I'm doing my homework! Unlike you, I have a job."

"You were listening to some song anyway."

"It helps me focus but now that you've ruined it, what do you want?" I asked.

"Right. You see, Patrick took my pen in the last period and now I need it back. Lila sits in front of him so I don't wanna go there." He scratched his head.

"I thought someone enjoyed attention?"

"Oh I enjoy it alright. I just don't want her stingy hands on me." He said casually.

"Fine. But you know, she's probably too busy with the new kid." I shrugged.

"I am the new- oh wait. Right. Lex Holland... Looked familiar for some reason."

"Soulmate connection?" I laughed.

"Shut up and get my pen." He ordered but after realising I was glaring at him he added, "please."

Sighing, I got up and dragged my feet towards Patrick's bench where he was causing a havoc with his three friends. I looked at where Adrien was standing but he was too busy checking out his own reflection on the window's glass.

"Partick?" I asked, grabbing his attention, "Brooke wants his pen back."

"You mean Adrien?" I nodded as he continued, "Fine, take it. By the way, you would've totally owned Daisy today if the new kid hadn't shown up."

Taking the pen, I smiled, "I know. Her luck will run out eventually."

I started walking back to Adrien but something caught my eyes. There was a big black object near a desk. It was the last desk of the second row. I couldn't exactly make out what it was, but it was kept against the back wall. Though I had an idea of what it was, I went closer just to make sure.

Yes. It was a big guitar case. I held my breath, who played guitar in this class? Who was into music besides me? I was wondering all this as I touched the case softly and smiled. I didn't know how to play a guitar but I had always wanted to learn. Honestly, I wanted to have a look at it but of course I couldn't just open the case.

"Uh, hello?" Said a new voice from behind me, making turn around. I saw the guy I had completely forgotten about. As I looked back, Lex Holland's big, curious eyes were staring down at me.

The guitar was probably his. Happy realisation.

"Is this yours?" I asked, pointing my thumb at the guitar.

"Yeah it is." He walked past me and picked it up.

"You play it?" I asked and instantly regretted. Of course he plays it!

"I do." He opened the case, getting many students' attention. It was a beautiful, blue-black guitar. "It's my hobby."

I was gaping at the guitar when an idea slapped me, "do you perform?" I asked again.

"I used to. But my family moves around a lot so I haven't done that in a while. Though I'd like to."

I was almost jumping, I yelled across, "Brooke, here's your pen!" I threw it towards him and it hit his forehead.