GOOD DAYS CHAPTER 9

Start from the beginning

"Ahhh!" I screamed, kicking the figure in the leg, watching them drop to the floor. I ran out the room, only to be grabbed by another person and pushed up against the wall. I started hyperventilating because I thought I was going to die. "Let me go! P-Please don't hurt me."

"Shh, it's okay." I finally relaxed once I knew it was Beyoncé. Then... who did I just kick-

"Be-Be-B-"

"Shh, just breathe. I'm so sorry." She kept kissing the top of my head, holding me tightly in her arms. I wanted to ask who did I kick in the leg but my body was shaking. "I told you it wasn't a good idea to scare her Melanie. What the fuck is wrong with you?" My eyes drifted towards Melanie who had a fearful look in her eyes.

"B-Be-Beyoncé?" I finally got out. I held her tighter as I replayed the images in my head. It reminded me too much of the past. Too much of when my family didn't accept me...

"Yes, baby?" I felt her fingers cup my face as I cried continuously. She kept wiping every tear that threatened to fall. "I'm here, what do you need?"

"W-What-" I stopped speaking to gather the correct words. "Who was t-that?" I could hear the person still groaning in pain. I felt bad, but I thought they were trying to kill me.

"You kicked Michelle pretty hard. I think she'll be okay. Are you okay?"

I shook my head as I began to cry more. Beyoncé lifted me up into her arms, carrying me into the living room and sitting down on the couch. I couldn't stop crying, it was just too much for me. Why would Melanie do that to me?

"I thought it was a good practice for her before we went out shopping." I could feel Beyoncé's leg shaking rapidly as she held me firmly.

"You of all people should know what she has been through. She can barely speak. Onika is a little, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want to be in that situation without some kind of help. What the fuck did you think would happen?" As she scolded Melanie, Melanie seemed to be quiet throughout the whole conversation. "I can't believe this." I looked at Beyoncé as I saw her jaw tense from what I'm assuming the thoughts of the situation.

"She should be prepared for that type of situation, you're right. I didn't teach her how to handle any situation like that and I wanted to see how she would react. I apologize, Onika."

"It's okay," I said, playing with my fingers. Beyoncé looked over at me and smiled. I wanted to return the smile, but I was focused on the shaking of her leg.

Michelle and Kelly made their presence known, frowning when they saw the look on my face. "I'm sorry Onika, I wish I never went through with it."

"Yeah, that was totally out of line. I apologize for being apart of this too," Kelly follows up.  A small smile formed on my face, I couldn't stay mad at anyone. It was just a misunderstanding, Melanie was trying to help me. I just think she was being overprotective.

"It's okay, I'm fine. I can handle myself as you can see." I glanced at Michelle's leg and winced. "I'm sorry Michelle. Teddy is sorry also. I never meant to hurt you, I thought you were a stranger." Michelle looked at me.

"You don't have to apologize for protecting yourself.  I think we all know you can handle being alone. Melanie, please don't make us ever do that again." All the attention went on Melanie again. When she took some steps towards me, I couldn't help but flinch.

"Melanie, I don't know if I want you to touch me right now," I whispered, hoping that she heard me. I clung to Beyoncé as I shielded myself away from her. "I'm sorry."

"Onika..." I avoided looking at her face.

"Melanie, maybe you should leave her alone for a minute. She'll talk to you when she's ready." Melanie nodded at Beyoncé's words before walking towards Kelly and Michelle.