Chapter forty-three

Start from the beginning

"Our roadies are going to get our bags," Freddie said.

"Good, so we can just focus on getting Brian where he needs to be," Maggie replied. We were all walking very fast.

"Brian." Harmony sobbed. Brian faintly looked up at his girlfriend. A tiny smile crept on his face for just a second to say,

"Hello... love... I'm a bit under... the weather."

The medics saw us coming. I could see them through the window. They pulled the stretcher out of the back to meet us. With all the commotion people started to stare, some even point.

The medics loaded a very weak Brian up onto the stretcher. Harmony went with him into the ambulance, Adam running to catch up with us.

When the ambulance was gone I went to hug Freddie who was just about to cry.

"He's going to be okay," I whispered into his ear even though I wasn't sure myself. He looked pretty bad. His form looked like a creature I would see in my nightmares.

"He thinks this is his fault... the tour being off... but who cares about the bloody tour when he's this sick... you know?" He cried.

I held on tightly to my best friend.

"We should have taken him to a doctor when he was first telling us he didn't feel good. But he would always say he was fine."

"This isn't your fault... it's not anyone's fault. Well, I take that back, it's the bloody nurse who gave him a dirty needle's fault."

He wiped his tears and I looked at Roger and John. Roger was gripping onto Maggie who was rubbing his back in comfort.

John was standing there as Mary rubbed his shoulder.

Both of John and Roger's faces were pale white, just like Mary and Maggie when they first told me what was going on.

Mary left John to comfort her boyfriend and I left Fred to comfort my own boyfriend. I could sense John's intense anxiety. It was radiating off of him like some high-fluent cologne.

"You seem tired, love, why don't I take you home so you can get some rest?" I asked placing my hand on his cheek.

He shook his head slowly.

"We all agreed we'd go over to the hospital to make sure he was settled in and was okay."

"All right then, but after that, we are going home so you can rest."

Well, we didn't get to see Brian when we got there. He was being quarantined. Harmony was sitting in the waiting room all frustrated when we got there.

But the nurses told us we all needed to get vaccinated to make sure we didn't get it. Which you know, is such a fun time.

Especially if you have a terrible fear of needles.

I let John go first, I held his hand tightly, he tensed up when the needle went in but did well. I could see some of Queen's crew getting their vaccines on the other side of the room. But I couldn't see our other friends. We were separated by curtains. One of the crew's just happened to be open.

"I have to warn you, John," I said as the nurse got my vaccine ready. "I... have a really bad fear of needles..."

"I'm right here, squeeze my hand as hard as you want." He said and I nodded. I rolled up my sleeve, closed my eyes, and gripped John's hand.

I screamed but not as loud as usual and soon it was over.

I did better!

"I'm proud of you." John smiled as I sucked on my lollypop the nurse gave me.