Ten

Meredith's POV

Bailey agreed that me and Derek could do a half shift but we have to make the time up later in the week. I think she agreed because she's a romantic at heart but she'll never let anyone know that. Plus, she's always rooted for me and Derek to be married. Bailey was the one that brought us together after my stint in the psych ward.

The morning went extremely slowly. Wilson seemed to be a lot calmer this morning. Although she did apologise about ten times for what happened yesterday. I had to remind her that it was okay and that I use to have panic attacks once so I know that you can't help when they are brought on. 

"How's your patient today, Dr Wilson?"

"My? My patient?"

"Yes your patient. You saw to them in the pit, you did the surgery start to finish and you solved the problem when she was experience a post-op complication. She is your patient. I did nothing throughout this patients experience in hospital. So, how is your patient?"

"Yes.. thank you.. So she is doing well. Her fever broke early this morning so I we don't need to change the antibiotic that she's on. However, I'd like to recommend that she stays in hospital for another 48 hours. I know that after an appendectomy, we discharge them day two post-op but I really feel like she should stay."

"Okay. I agree. Good plan." I say, I begin to walk away before I turn to face her again. "Wilson, have faith in yourself. You are incredibly gifted." I turn and walk away so she didn't have to respond. I don't think she's particularly comfortable with praise. I make a mental note to ask the other department heads what she is like in their specialities.

I make my way to the attendings lounge to get changed. Derek is already in there so welcomes me in with a kiss. 

"You're sure you're okay with this? I can tell Ma that it's not our thing. She'd understand and -"

"Derek, I'm looking forward to it. Plus, your Mother has practically adopted me in the last few years. It's the least I could do." Okay, so I told Derek a small lie but what I said about his Mother was completely true. She has been so good to me.

When we're both changed, we make our way back to our car. We made sure that we stopped at the coffee cart and laughed at how reliant we are on the caffeinated drug. 

Derek starts the car and we sit in silence as we drive to the studio.

"Are you sure this is the right address?" I ask looking at the details Derek wrote down. We've been driving for an hour and I'm beginning to question if we're begin set on a wild goose chase.

"Yeah I'm sure, I copied it from the email. Wait, is this it? Yeah, see it matches the name. Come on, lets go." Derek parks up and we walk inside, carrying the clothes we picked this morning. 

"Hi, you must be Dr Shephard and Dr Grey." We both nod at the duo who has seemingly appeared out of nowhere. "If you want to get changed, we have changing rooms over there and our stylists are in that room there. When you're ready, just give us a shout and we'll get started."

Me and Derek share a look between us but we part ways to get changed. As I was struggling this morning to decide what to pick, Derek picked out my dress. He chose a full length, light blue dress which is snatched at the waist and has a halter neckline. It's in situations like these when I'm jealous of Derek. He only needs to wear a suit and a tie to look nice. Women has been given far too many options. However, as Derek was choosing my outfit I got to chose his. I went with a dark grey fitted trousers piece which includes a waistcoat and jacket. 

We both came out and were both speechless at what we looked at. I made my way over to the beauty specialist and she lightly curled my hair and put minimal makeup on. I think she must of figured out that I don't wear a lot of makeup after I asked what she was doing with every step.