Even though I'm a bit nervous around them, that doesn't change the fact that they've also created a need inside of me I didn't know I had.

No matter who I've been with, not a single person has been able to make me feel as turned on as the way those men did. And they haven't even done anything to me yet.

Yet? What am I even saying?

There were three of them for starters, and I doubt they see me as anything more than a liability anyways.

So why the hell did a part of me want to be in place of that woman from earlier?

Shaking my head slightly, I force my brain to clear itself of those thoughts.

I can't think that way, they're murderers.

Hot murderers, but still.

The one currently standing behind me was joined by the other two, but they didn't speak.

The hairs on my skin rose at their presence, so I knew it was them as I was picking away at some of the pasta on my plate.

"What, you don't like mushrooms?" Caleb's voice suddenly asks from beside me, nearly giving me a heart attack.

I didn't even hear him coming.

Looking down at the pile of vegetables pushed to the side of my plate, I wrinkle my nose in disgust, "No, I hate them."

Caleb lets out a quiet chuckle at my reaction before saying, "Me too."

Looking behind me, I see that Alec and Xavier have gotten caught up in speaking to some of the other guests. It's almost amusing at how annoyed Xavier looks.

He's definitely not a people person, but at least he's trying to be polite. Trying being the keyword.

"Hey," Caleb says, grabbing my attention. Looking up at him, he lets out a short sigh before continuing, "I came here to say that I'm sorry for putting you through all of this."

Wow. That most certainly wasn't what I'd expected him to say.

"I wish we could have met under better circumstances and while I know I cannot change the past, I want you to know that we will never put you in that position again." He apologizes, holding eye contact so I can see that he's being genuine.

It doesn't make everything okay, but his words meant a lot more to me than he knew.

It was him acknowledging how scary that night had been for me, even if he was unfazed himself.

"Thank you." I murmur, but I look at him to show that I really do appreciate it.

He looks back at me just as intensely and it causes a warm feeling spread throughout my body.

I wish we could have met under better circumstances too.

_________

The firework show couldn't have lasted more than eight minutes.

It was my final piece of the night, and I'm so thankful for it.

A long night's rest is well overdue, and after the long day I've had, I'm not too worried about being able to fall asleep.

I collapsed the legs of my tripod and carried the stand in one arm, with my camera still looped around my neck.

The party most certainly wasn't over yet, but the couple thousand photos I've captured are more than enough to suffice.

At this point, I've packed up the majority of my things and organized them to fit in the back of my small car.

Just as my hand goes to read for the door handle, the ding of a notification draws my attention to my phone.