What Might Have Been

A/N: For a while, there will be stuff that was written in the original Flour Fight scene, to give context for what would have happened if Alex hadn't interrupted them. Of course, we all know that Kai and Jenny would be kidnapped by the TVA if this had happened. I'll let you have this, though.

February the thirteenth went by smoothly enough. Jenny and Lloyd had finally learned their dance, not that they'd stopped doing it. You'd have thought they really wanted to perform it, they did it so often. But really, it was just a good twin bonding thing for them. 

In the evening of the thirteenth, Jen skipped back to the room she shared with Alex, blissfully happy. She carefully took out the electric guitar she'd got for Christmas and played a few chords, turning them into a song as she started to sing the lyrics. Alex, who was hanging upside down from the ceiling beams, began to quietly sing along. Their voices harmonised beautifully. Then Jenny's phone buzzed. She set her guitar down and unlocked it. Her heart sank at what she saw on the screen.

Leo <3: I'm sorry

J: Y?

Leo: <3: We cant be together anymore

J: What? Y?

Leo <3: I like someone else

Leo: It's not fair to you

Leo: I'm sorry

Leo: Jenny?

"What is it?" Alex questioned her, concerned. If she told her, Alex would likely cancel her date with Sofia: they were still dating and Jen was determined not to ruin that. Fact was, she couldn't tell any of the Ninja: Jay and Nya were out on a date for Valentine's Day, Cole was going out to have a meal and some brotherly bonding with Lloyd, Zane was on a date with Pixal. And Kai? He wasn't going out. He hadn't had a girlfriend since the break up with Sarah last year. He was nice enough. But she didn't need anyone saying 'I told you so', she needed......she didn't know what she needed.

"It's nothing," she replied calmly, just about managing a cheerful grin. "Kira just got into another spot of trouble." That was actually kind of believable. Alex groaned, rolling off the ceiling beams and onto her mattress.

"Urgh, not again." Jenny hummed in agreement, but her mind was on other things. Once again, her heart had been broken. Falling in love was usually rare for her, although she was currently head over heels in love with the arrogant Fire Ninja git known as Kai Smith. Perhaps she'd given her heart to the wrong people.

What if she gave it to Kai?

He wouldn't break it. 

He'd shatter it. 

He was a player, after all.

The next day, after lunch, Kai found Jenny crying in the games room. Valentine's Day had reminded her that she was, once again, alone. She would not be going on a date with Leo that day. She would not be going on a date with him, ever again. Sensing him there, she looked up, roughly swiping the tears away from her eyes.

"W-what is it? What d-do you want?" she asked him. It was a real effort to keep her voice steady.

"I'm sorry," he apologised. "I heard crying."

"Really?" Jen questioned him, playing dumb. "I didn't hear anything." It didn't fool him. Of course, it wouldn't. He wasn't that much of an idiot, although he could be kind of dumb.