Part 42: Woodbury?

Start from the beginning

When I joined the other three, I didn't really know how to shoot or use a knife. Jude taught me how to do knives. Taylor took archery before all this, so we found me a bow and she helped me learn. But in just months I became better at it than her. Guess I inherited natural talent towards archery from my father, he'd be proud. I miss him so much.

    All of a sudden I hear a helicopter overhead. I furrow my eyebrows and look up. It goes past me and a minute later I hear a loud crash, and the ground shakes.

    I run back to the others.

    "What the hell was that?!" Jacob shouts.

    "It was a helicopter. I seen it go by. It crashed." I say out of breath.

    We run to where the helicopter crashed. I look and I see a man in a military uniform who's cut in half.

    We're about to step out from the woods, to see if there's survivors, it's obvious there isn't though, but Jude stops us. Then he points.

    We see a group of men, who were not in the crash walk up looking around. A tall man with brown hair who seems to be the leader. Walked to the man cut in half, who'd turned and shot him.

    Something catches my eye. I look across the opening. And I see two women watching the men like us on the other side.

    I keep staring at them. Swearing one of them looked familiar.

    Then I see a man walking up behind them. He grabs one of them putting a bladed arm around their neck forcing the other one to lower her sword it looked like, for the sake of her friend.

    It's when the man stands himself up with the woman, that I gasp. I was right. I did recognize her. It was Andrea!

    And the man holding her with his blade for an arm at her throat. Was my long lost uncle Merle Dixon.

    The men eventually leave, taking Andrea and her friend with them. When they do we stand up.

    "Okay. We need to go it's gonna get dark soon." Jude says. They start to walk away.

    "Wait!" I say. They all turn and look at me questioningly. "Let's follow them."

    "What? Why?" Jacob asks.

    "Hayley, no. They give me bad vibes. Let's go." Jude says trying to shut the conversation down.

    "No. They-they have a place. Maybe they'll let us in." I try to reason. Jude shakes his head.

    "What if they don't. Not everyone is has much hospitality you know." Jude argues.

    "Look Jude I know you care about all our safety. And you have trust issues, but we have to follow them please." I say as the lump in my throat grows. I just found my uncle, and Andrea! Maybe they know where daddy and the others are. I'm desperate.

    "No Hay. I'm with Jude on this." Jacob jumps in.

    "See. Now let's go." Jude says.

    "Please!" I say my voice cracking. They were about to argue again. But Taylor steps in.

    "Just stop and let her explain why we should. We're a team. It's not only your call." She says to Jude who sighs and then agrees.

    "My uncle was with them. And so was someone else from my old group. They might know where the group is. Where my dad and sister are. Please we have to go, but if y'all don't I might just go by myself." I beg some more.

    "Fine. But I'm still skeptical about it." Jude finally agrees after some thought. And we go to follow.

*a bit later*

    After following we eventually come up on a town with gates. The person on watch yells.

    "Stop! Place your weapons on the ground and state your name and your intentions."

    We listen and put our weapons down. Jude speaks.

    "Uh, hi. My name is Jude, this is Jacob, Taylor, and Hayley. We're just some people-kids looking for a place to stay. We mean no harm." He explains. The guard nods to someone. Then the gate opens.

    Two people walk out and grab our weapons. Then a third comes into view. I recognize him as the leader from the crash. He smiles at us as we walk inside. The gates close.

    "Hello. We'll be keeping your weapons in our armory, you'll get them back when I can trust you. I hope you'll understand it's for everyone's safety. Including yours. I'm the Governor. I'm glad to offer you asylum, And I'd like to officially welcome you to Woodbury."

—————————————————————
*gasp* ik some of y'all were expecting she found Michonne, but...she found Jacob! Hopefully y'all remember him from past chapters. She's at Woodbury now! Closer to getting back to the group! If you liked this chap then leave a comment and vote it's very appreciated!❤️

I'm going to cast the new three:

^Jacob played by Ayden Mekus

^Jude played by Jonny Gray

^Taylor played by Chandler Kinney