46

HERO

"Hey guys, Castille here, @jo and @hero, can I post the video of you two at the cottage? The one Hero wears his birthday hat, you know which one... Today is Hardin's birthday, we need to celebrate! "

I woke up with this message, I never talk in groups but I always see what's going on and this is too much for me...

"It's okay, for me :)"

She replied... But, I didn't get it... Jô never liked having things published backstage, and she answered so quickly that this could be published! And... Hardin's birthday? Do people really care about that? I don't think I'll ever get used to these things. I'll have to answer this time... She even tagged me in the message... Just don't look at it Hero... You don't have to remember that...

"If it's okay for Jô, that's okay for me, of course!"

If she doesn't like these posts and she agreed, who am I to not let them post! I never cared about these things, they always post my stuff on social media... It wouldn't be now... I leave the conversation, still breathing fast, and when I look at the other people on my cell phone, I see a "typing..." next to Jô's photo. Oh God I can't stand it, it's been days since we've exchanged a word... And why don't you type it fast? What a delay to type it! I think I'm going to take a shower so I don't open the conversation so quickly, and don't seem so desperate to talk to her again. I leave my phone on the dresser beside the bed and run to the bathroom.

Now yes! I'm relieved, a good shower always solves everything in my mind, I grab a cigarette and while I relax a little more I read her message.

Huh?! Nothing. I swear she was typing something... She must have given up, she doesn't want to talk to me anymore... Great! I look at the next unread messages, a blonde girl was talking to me, how does she have my number? Oh, I must have passed it on to her at some guys' party... Did I look at the wrong conversation and it was her typing? I wouldn't do that! Anyway, I'm free, there's no harm in answering the hot blonde.

JOSEPHINE

"WHAT? That was awesome! If it's okay for Jô, if it is okay for Jô what, Hero? If for me, I have trouble appearing on the internet, is that it?"

"What was it Jô?" Hadley doesn't understand the irony in my voice, I was angry, annoyed, wanting to take the first plane to London just to throw Hero faraway!

"Nothing! Just... Ah... Him!"

She laughs:

"What did he say? I thought you weren't talking anymore..."

I explained to her Castille's message and the big guy's reply.

"But it wasn't a big deal Jô, he just wants you to feel good... Hey, what are you doing?"

"I'll get away what's stuck in my throat!" I started typing for him. But Hadley took the cell phone out of my hand and ran across the room, I ran after her:

"Hey give it back!"

"Jô, are you crazy? There was nothing wrong with that message! Don't freak out! You're missing him and you're trying to find a subject to talk to him aren't you? Admit it!"

I stop. Oh how ridiculous this is!!!!! I'm not believing it! I sit on a corner of the floor, my friend hugs me and hands me back my cell phone...

"Hey, it's going to be alright! Look, some friends of mine are going to drop by to pick up some things I'm going to lend to their company theater..." I look at her... "They're also quarantined so it's all right! Just... stay there with us for a while!"

I delete the beginning of the message I typed for Hero. Yes, I really miss him, what happened to us, even on the day of this video, but... It's better this way, I smile at her and follow her.

In the living room, there were about five friends of Hadley, and the other girls who share the house with us. There were about three really cute guys, one was clearly hooking up with her, while the other, tall with curly hair and bright eyes, kept looking at me. He smiled at me when I said something, he is really, really, really hot...

"Hey Jô, can you please get a jug of juice and some glasses I put on the kitchen table?"

"Of course!"

"Let me help you..." That voice, I turn quickly and see the handsome guy coming towards me, I have no reaction but smile, what a body... Yeah... What an eye! Jô, focus on the juice!

"Hey."

"Hey!" Too happy Jô, calm down, less happy now...

"Josephine right?" The bright eyes stare at me and a smile appears.

"It could be Jô... Just Jô. But... Yes! That's my name!" I get a glass and pour some juice for myself. "Would you like it?"

"No, I'm fine, thanks."

"And... What's yours? What's your name?"

"Henry."

"Hmmm... Do you take classes with Hadley?"

"Yes... I'm experiencing this stage world... I'm the shyest musician in the world... So I'm taking acting lessons to help myself..." We both laugh.

"Oh I know how it is... I'm shy too!"

"Seriously?"

"Uhum!"

We talk a little longer, Henry asks for my number, smiling saying it was to help each other with our shyness... I know... And I can't stop smiling too...

"Look at them! You two took a while, huh?" Hadley speaks loudly and I stare at her as if I was silently asking her to shut up. We continued our conversation, now I'm a little calmer, talking to Henry made me feel less nervous... He still didn't stop staring at me, maybe he thought the same about me, because I didn't stop staring at him.