Chapter 18: Cat Ears

Start from the beginning

Ryota: Wearing costumes is kind of a hassle.

Chika: Eeeeeh?

Ryota: Though, you might say that we would usually change the color of our aprons when the season changes.

Ryota: Green apron with green leaf design for summer, red or orange apron with maple leaf design for autumn, white or blue with snowflake designs for winter, pink apron with cherry blossom patterns for spring.

Ryota: Well, we wear them during the start of the season or sometimes even during the season.

Kaguya: That's kinda nice. You are adapting to the change in seasons.

Ryota: Well, the name of our café is "Kaede" which means "maple leaf" and maple leaves are usually associated with the season of autumn, which symbolizes change.

Chika: That's kinda philosophical.

Kaguya: But still, Fujiwara-san, I agree with Kaedehara-kun in questioning the nature of this cosplaying idea.

Chika: What do you think, Prez?

He's been staring at the drawer with his face tensing up but he managed to put up a stoic front.

Miyuki: Well........

Kaguya: *doing cat poses*

Miyuki: *face intensely tensing up*

Miyuki: Not bad, I guess.

He closed his eyes but his face even became more scarier.

Chika: That's a scary look!

Ryota: Kaichou, want some tea to calm your nerves?

Miyuki: Thank you.

Ryota: You got it.

I brewed some tea as Shinomiya-san is looking at the mirror as Kaichou and Fujiwara-san are in their stupid antics.

Ryota: Cat ears, huh? I remember the time when Saya wanted me to put cat ears on my head.

-----------------

Flashback.

Saya: Aw, c'mon! Why!?

Ryota: It's a drag. Also, I'm tired, why don't you try wearing those cat ears by yourself.

Saya: I already did! Look!

She showed me her selfies with her cat ears on.

Ryota: Well, it's good.

Saya: You're really bland, y'know. I don't know how Yuki-chan fell in love with you.

Ryota: Um, it doesn't have anything to do with cat ears.

Ryota: Well, cats are cute I admit that. But I don't know about people wearing cat ear headbands.

Ryota: It's like, it doesn't appeal to me. Something like that.