Chapter 26

I couldn't believe it. I was on the phone talking to Seth about my birth father still being alive. I mean the tests proved it theres no lying that. Seth said they would meet me at the burger shack. So i quickly answered saying I would meet them in an hour. I hung up the phone and sat down on the couch to finish my drink.
"So you two are dating?" Luke's dad asked.
"Yeah it's been going on for a while." Luke answered.
"Have you guys. You know." He asked.
"Dad. No." Luke answered.
Luke's dad gave me a look of confusion and partial disbelief.
"I am a virgin! Ok. Not ready for that!" I said breaking the awkward silence. I took my mug and left the room. This was too awkward for me.
"Well I'd rather have it under my roof and if I don't allow you'll do it anyways. As long as your happy." I heard him tell Luke.
"I am. Really happy. Happier then I've ever been dad." He replied.

They didn't know I was close enough to hear I wasn't even in sight. What Luke said really made me smile. I got ready.

I didn't have to be at the burger shack for 20 more minutes. I decided to look through old photos of my dad. I saw one of him holding me at the beach. He had a tattoo on his left upper arm that said
Ella in hand writing.
I decided to take that photo with me because that was the last photo I took with my dad before he left. I got my stuff together and left.

I went into the burger shack to see my dad. We had a lot to catch up on. I walked in holding the old photo in my hand. Today my dad was wearing a muscle shirt. I walked over to him but I noticed something very odd. I sat down.

"Hi." I said.
"Hi honey." He said.
"Want to play 20 questions to reconnect?" I asked.
"Sure." he said.
"Okay." I said
"You start?" I asked.
"What's your favourite colour?" He asked.
"Pink." I said.
"Have you ever had a tattoo?" I asked.
"Nope. Never." He said.

I showed him the photo.
"See this? It's a photo of me and my real dad. He had a tattoo of my name hand written on his arm." I said.
"Who the fuck are you?" I asked.