one

Romeo's pov.

It's been a year since I have taken over the mafia.

It was extremely hard to clean up the mess that was done with Stormi's crazy ass family but it was quickly resolved and everything is handled.

Without a crazy family, there isn't much to do.

Mainly just checking out shipments, counting money, and making sure everything is delivered as promised.

Hardly ever do I get to torture and punish someone.

Though it was fun, I'm glad that I'm finally get some peace.

I grab my vape pen and I take a few big puffs off of it.

Stormi wouldn't let me hold the kids without washing my hands and teeth and changing my shirt due to cigarette smoke and it became such a hassle trying to do it that I eventually just went to the vape pen.

It's better for me and the smell isn't disgusting.

I slide it into my pocket of my hoodie as I park the car infront of their house.

Tonight is game night at their house.

They started it a few months ago with friends and family coming over to play games, bbq and have drinks.

Kaden greets me at the door and pulls me into a hug.

"So great to see you man." He says.

"You too." I say when he pulls me away.

Kaden looks good today. The usual black bags underneath his eyes are gone.

"Getting some sleep?" I say as we walk into the door towards the kitchen.

"Yeah, Joey is finally sleeping throughout the night now since he doesn't take naps anymore."

I still remember the smile on Kadens face at his gender reveal party when he found out he was having a little boy.

Joey is almost eight months now. And Malina will be two in a month.

"Have you guys decided where your going to go for your year anniversary yet?"

He grabs two beers out of the fridge and hands me one.

He takes a drink of his.

"I want to take her somewhere special and quiet. But I need to take her somewhere close because Stormi doesn't like being away from the kids very long."

I nod in agreement.

Stormi can't go that long without seeing the kids. Even on date nights, she texts whoever is watching them every hour, on the hour.

"Are you getting tired of being home yet?" I joke.

He shakes his head no. "The kids keep us pretty occupied. But once they start school, Stormi and I plan on getting a part time job somewhere. Stormi wants us to do a charity thing too. I don't know where I'm going to work part-time though. I don't want to work anywhere for eight dollars an hour but we don't need the money, won't ever need the money so why not."

Even though Kaden gave me the mafia, he still gets a pretty good portion of the money, not just from the mafia but from all the businesses as well.

Kaden, Stormi and the kids are set for life.

"I understand man. You'll come with something, you have five more years to decide that."

He nods as he finishes his beer and grabs another one.