Chapter 29: First trial

I won't write the full trial about Taehyung's parent's case.

Ignore the mistakes
--------------------------

Chapter 29: First trial

They were now in the court, Taehyung was in the middle of the court while the reporters were also prepared. Jackson was holding Reign's and John's cases. Murder, that's what they want to file against Taehyung and also terminate Taehyung on his job. They will take 3 trials if two trials Taehyung was judged as not guilty, they will definitely win.

Jimin was not with them since he was also in the trial about Taehyung parent's case. Judge Hoo Yoo got inside sitting on between the other judges. Jin was confused, the judge seems different and the prosecutor, he can feel something was off.

"We may now start." Judge Hoo started.

"Good Morning, Your Honour, I'm Gu Min Ho, the case was about murder. Reign and John were found dead in their house a few days ago. There's a witness and video that Jeon Taehyung was the suspect. The witness was their daughter Minchie who was here in the court to prove the crime." Min Ho spoke.

"Jackson Wang, you can proceed." Judge Hoo started.

Jackson stands up beside Taehyung.

"I'm Jackson Wang and I'm here to defend my client Minchie. Attorney Taehyung is that true that Mrs. Reign's mother takes care of you?" Jackson asked.

"Yes, she did." Taehyung replied looking at him.

"And after her death, Mrs. Reign also took care of you, let you study for your college, then why you killed her? She gives everything you want yet you killed her? Where's your heart at that time?" Jackson inquired mockingly.

"I didn't kill her, yes, she took care of me but she abused me. She also ta-"

"Don't deny Attorney Taehyung, there's a video that you harassing Mrs. Reign." Jackson interrupted.

"It's because she said something to me, she spilled the truth about my parent's death." Taehyung retorted.

"Oh, she tells you something then why did you kill her?" Jackson mocked him.

"I didn't kill her!" Taehyung grits his teeth.

"Judge Hoo, the criminal Jeon Taehyung was obviously lying. I'm sure he killed her because of hatred. There's also news that he hates her because he didn't want to pay her and for blocking his and Jungkook's relationship. And I think, he deserves to be rotten in jail." Jackson told kinda loudly.

"You can proceed Mr. Jeon Jungkook." Judge Hoo said.

Jungkook stands up in front of Taehyung, he held Taehyung's hand.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook and I'm here to defend my client, Jeon Taehyung was innocent, he was set up in a crime he never did. Before the crime, he got a threatening letter. It said, someone, will kill him and his husband. Jeon Taehyung never got treated better when he was staying in Reign's domain. Her family abusing him even though he didn't do anything. They found it has their habit. He was married but they still abusing him, looting money from him, and didn't allow him to visit his grandma." Jungkook started.

He softly squeezed Taehyung's hand turning around to the judge.

"Besides that, we all know whats his personality. He can't even hurt a fly yet they dare to file a case on him? No one knew here what happened to him in his past! My client was innocent, he didn't deserve this! You must know the victim's background!" Jungkook yelled clenching his jaw.

Namjoon caressed Jin's back who was sobbing quietly.

"Your honour, he experiences suffering from abuse, loneliness, almost got rape and trauma. What else you need from him? Isn't that enough?! Minchie, don't act innocent here, you were ready to open your legs to someone. You knew what's real!" Jungkook said venomously

"Objection your honour, he already slut-shame my client, he should stop." Jackson interrupted

"Proceed to the next topic, Jungkook." Judge Hoo said.

"I want to talk with the witness." Jungkook retorted.

Minchie gulped, she sat down beside the prosecutor.

"Minchie, why don't you tell to them the truth? Tell them that it was just a setup, this will be done." Jungkook started

"I telling the truth, he's the one who killed my parents." Minchie replied.

"Is that the truth or someone is telling you to do this?" Jungkook inquired.

"No, no one, I want justice for my parents. H-he shouldn't do that to them, because of him, I-I don't have parents anymore! I-I'm alone now!" Minchie cried.

"Make sure you're saying the truth so you won't regret it. That's all, your honour." Jungkook sternly said and sat down in his place.

The judge started to talk about what will they reckoned to Taehyung.

"The suspect Jeon Taehyung for crime murder was GUILTY based on the evidence and the witness." Judge Hoo told and hit the gavel.

And that how Jungkook world stopped. He failed to help Taehyung.

"They were paid." Jin mumbled.

"What?" Namjoon asked confused.

"Hoseok should be the one who speaking yet they changed it. The judge should be Park Baekhyun but it changed too. They manipulated everything." Jin explained.

Taehyung was dragged by the police while Jungkook was frozen.

"Nice work, Jeon, one more win and you'll lose." Jackson snickered and left the court.

Jimin ran to the court with a wide smile spread on his lips.

"Taehyung." Jimin called out while running to him.

Taehyung looked at him and smiled.

"Look, I win your parent's case, we got the justice Taehyung!" Jimin beamed.

"Thank you, hyung." Taehyung responded and tears fell on his eyes.

"What happened? How about you?" Jimin inquired and he knew something was wrong.

Jimin looked at Taehyung's eyes who held many emotions.

"He's Guilty of murder." The police replied.

Jimin's suitcase fell on the floor and his smile faded away.

"Wuh-what?! That's not true, right? Taehyung!" Jimin firmly shooked Taehyung's shoulder.

"That's the truth, we have to take him to jail." The police said.

"Shut up! I'm not asking you!" Jimin yelled to the police.

The police flinched and Taehyung cried.

"I'm guilty, hyung. Thank you for winning the case." Taehyung replied.

The police dragged him out away from Jimin who was crying in a mess.