Chapter 48

HEY GUYS!!! IT WOULD BE SUPER AWESOME IF YOU CHECK OUT MY NEW WERE STORY!! HERE'S THE SYNOPSIS.

H e  w a s  r u t h l e s s 

S h e  w a s  s h y

H e  w a s  c r u e l 

S h e  w a s  s w e e t

H e  w a s  f e a r ed 

S h e  w a s  l o v e d.

....................................

" Darling raise your head" The  husky voice said to me as i continued to look at my feet, in which at the moment they seemed to be very interesting. " Darling i don't have all day." The husky voice continued. i didn't even need to lift my head to know who it was. 

He yanked my head upward with his hand on my chin. Trying to make me look in his eyes.

I kept mine shut. 

He grunted... I could feel the aura of power around him as I continued to disobey. 

" Darling i will not hesitate to kill you" He began speaking slow trying to steady his anger

" Then why haven't you killed me yet?" i asked as i made the worst decision i've ever made. I opened my eyes. 

At that moment only one word was going through my head, 

Mate.

*******

Scarlett Smith is an average 19 year old were-wolf. She's sweet and affectionate and as everyone says would make the perfect Luna. Except She's a Beta. But when Thaddeus Reynolds pack comes to kill take the land Scarlett feels an odd sense of security. Until she realizes. 

He's her mate.

ILY GUYS HOPE YOU READ IT!! ANYWAY HERES THE CHAPTER!!!

Amber***

I woke up with Drew's shirt on me by the sound of yelling. I got up from the couch that i was placed on where i heard the voices which came from Drew's office. 

"I NOW DENOUNCE YOU FROM MY PACK AND YOU ARE ROUGE" Drew's voice boomed through out the house as i heard and ear piercing scream that was soon silenced with a loud crack. I looked through the little slit through the door and saw Sandy's lifeless body on the floor. My eyes widened as I looked at her. I looked at Drew as his eyes met mine, filled with regret. 

I quickly turned on my heel and walked out with out saying a word as he ran after me. 

"Amber! Amber!!" i continued to walk ignoring him 

"AMBER" he said using his voice that shook the house. I froze in my spot not sure what was stopping me. He stood in front of me as i refused to look in his eyes. 

"Amber look at me" he gritted through his teeth while i just ignored him and traced the lines on the hard wood floor. 

"Amber she tried to kill you. i had to kill her, i can't let anyone hurt you" he said his voice cracking. I looked up at him as tears started to freely fall down his face; i never have seen him cry before so i stood there unsure of what to do. 

"Did you kill Zach too?" i asked in a quiet voice. He nodded his head in shame.

"Drew its ok" i cooed trying to rid him of the shame.

"Amber, i don't regret killing them" He snapped "I regret you having to see them dead" 

******

I went to sleep in the guest room that night, my body tossing and turning; sleeping seemed impossible. I heard a scream from Madison room that caused me to jump up and sprint to her room.  When i got there a man was in a coat and holding her. "Who are you?" i asked as i made my way towards the light switch. 

The man didn't answer as i saw Madison's silhouette struggle in his grip. 

"Turn the light on and she dies" 

Coward much?

I stared at him as i used my power to whip the knife out of his hand. While he just chuckled. 

" so the legend is true, you are the white wizard" 

All of a sudden a strange growling sound came from Madison as her silhouette changed from a girl to a small animal as she attacked the man. I turned on the lights as the man jumped out of the window. but caught a glimpse of his face. 

Danny.

******

Madison's transformation was a little different. She wasn't a wolf cub she was a leopard cub. I picked her up in my arms as she changed back with her clothes still on. I cradled her as she cried and sat on her small bed in the middle of the room. Was it usual for a 4 - year old to shift? soon after Drew came barging in as he looked around and found me with Madison. 

"Amber the hunters are attacking; get to the fort" He said as he grabbed my free hand pulling me up.

"Baby please stay safe both of you" He said and kissed my forehead. I grabbed Madison's stuffed bunny and a blanket and was about to run out before something caught my eye. It was a wedding picture with a woman and a man they seemed to be genuinely happy. 

i flipped over the picture as faintly it was written

Danny Woods and Emma Hawthorne Married 1994

My mouth opened wide; these were my parents. I never knew what to search since i never figured out their names aside from mommy  and daddy.