Chapter 27

Laura ^^

AMBERS POV

"Laura?!" i spoke up a little louder as her eyes diverted towards me

" OH AMBER! i was so worried when they didn't find you! the police are looking everywhere for you" she said trying to hug me as i took a step back away from her. " Your his wife?" i asked astonished realizing that shes in love with the man who murdered my family. 

" Yes hes great isn't he? Now give me that hug!" she squealed as i continued to back away from her. This angered Drew as he growled and stood protectively in front of me. I my fingers wrapped themselves along the soft fabric of Drew's shirt.

" Laura she doesn't want to see you" Drew growled as realization hit her face. 

" you two are mates?" she asked slightly surprised Drew nodded " Father just tried to kill her and she's a bit shaken up by it" Drew gritted out with his teeth showing while i squeezed the fabric of his shirt tighter. Feeling another anxiety attack coming i took deep breaths tiring to calm myself down. 

" excuse us" Drew said rudely grabbing my hands and pushing Laura to the side while we walked over to his father who was laying on the ground with nothing but a blanket. Laura seemed to snap out of her daze as she ran over to her husband. 

" Joseph! HOW COULD YOU? Amber is the sweetest!" Laura screamed at him taking Drew and i back a little. 

" Laur, shes a hunter!" he replied to her she looked shocked as she looked my way. My mouth hung open  as i responded for Laura 

" You call me a hunter? I've never hurt an innocent, unlike you! do you know how horrible i lived for 10 years! with out a family!!! While you were here living the life in this big ass mansion of yours! i can not tell you how many scars i have from you" i spat at him almost out of breath. Laura and Drew looked at me with wide eyes but Joseph just chuckled. 

" Don't act all Innocent Amber."

" I'm not acting. i am not a hunter " I felt my eyes flare to my royal purple color and i knew I wouldn't be able to contain my anger for much longer. 

" I have an idea..." i stated as my powerful aura surrounded me as my eyes stayed purple. 

i held Josephs gaze squeezing the air out of his lungs in order to end his tyranny.

"Drew Rivers i declare you the New Alpha of the Blue moon Pack" were Josephs last words as all life left him and his body went limp. 

I fell to the ground gasping for air As a very startled Drew quickly came to my side yelling things but to my ears they were incoherent. Laura was crying over Josephs dead body. 

I Just killed someone. 

tears welled up in my eyes as familiar words entered my mind before i was wrapped into darkness. 

'with great power comes great responsibility'