chapter 19

It started getting bumpy, and annoying. Then at last they came across a sign that read ' National Safari of kenya'. It was indeed a very rusted ign, Subiah bearly read what was written on it, she practically read ' natural..safa..of kenya' which she guesses natural and for Safari the 'r' and 'I' were almost not clear at all.

The car stopped, and jace and Maya debated amongst them selves weather it was time to go down or not.

Jace finally got off the car, there was a small stall, it was short so he had to lean to talk to who ever was inside.

After approximately ten minutes, which seemed like hours to Subirah, Jace looked their was and made a sign for them to come out of the car.

They did, and they now followed the man who had come out of the stall. You could tell from the look on Maya's face, she was examining the ground for snakes, and whenever the man from the stall stepped on a tree branch she would jump up and look around as if a lion would pop at her from no where.

Finally, they came across Toyota Land cruisers with pop-top roofs, "okay, it's ready now, you can get in, enjoy please!" the man from the stall told them as he talked to one of the people who looked like the car driver.

Jace and Subirah stepped in first, it was very exciting for Subirah, she sat on one of the front seats.

The car started driving off as soon as Maya got in. "stand" the driver said. "Nini?" Subirah asked him. "Ala, combe weye unawngeya kiswahilii?" the driver asked Subirah.

"Ehe" she said. "Basi simama opati coona usuri" the driver said. "He says we can stand for a better view" Subirah told Maya and Jace.

Jace looked funny this day specifically, he had on his shirt that was very unlikely for him to wear and a nice hat and a pair of shorts, Maya looked normall she too was wearing a hat, and some three quarter pants and a pair ofsunglasses, Subirah held her hat in her hand.

"You stand if you like!" Maya told Subirah. She stood, and Jace stood with her too. "Maya you are missing out!" Jace called to Maya from the top, winking at Subirah.

"I can see everything, you know there are windows!" she said. "Yeah but there are these wow..look there Subirah flying flamingos!" he Joked.

"Really?" she asked. "No, I'm kidding but Just stand come up here, it's cool!" Jace told her. He now had his phone out and was taking pictures. "No flash ehe" the driver said.

"No I'm not using any flash!" Jace replied taking a nice picture of one of the giraffes from far away.

The animals started coming into view. "Subirah, look over there!" Jace pointed at the giraffe he was taking a picture of.

"Mom, a giraffe can you see it?" she said excitedly. "Wow yes, look she's beautiful!" Maya said admiringly, looking through her window.

"Wow, monkeys!" Subirah said pointing at them from the trees above. "Funga dirisha la go, shukeni" the drier told Subirah plainly.

"He's saying we should come down he wants to close the window!" She translated. "Jace got down and so did Subirah, they sat next to Maya. "Why?" Jace asked, he seemed to have been enjoying the safari very much.

"Quani..n.." Subirah started to ask, when monkeys got into the car from the open room and started stealing food from them, a monkey grabbed Subirah's crisps that Jace had brought with him.

Maya was screaming, and at the same time hitting the monkeys as if they were some misbehaving kids. "Jace tell them to go out!" she yelled. "Maya calm down!" Jace said calmly.

"Jace tell them to go...then I will calm down!" Maya said. "Maya, you know I can't talk to animals.talk sense!" Jace said angrily.

"I'm calm, now why aren't they going" Maya said standing still lie a statue but looking very afraid. "Maya you still haven't calmed down!" Jace told her.