Chapter 11

Subirah jumped out of bed so suddenly, her heart was beating fast, she could hear it clearly, her breathing was heavy, her face was wet, she was sweating, she just realized, and also crying.

A nightmare had scared her awake, she could slightly remember what it was about, but she could certainly remember her mother, she saw her mother in her dream, her biological mother.

She remembered screaming, and trying to get out of the grip of a man, that man jhon. He was kidnapping her and making her get into his car by force, her mother was crying and so was Ms. Tallstar.

She looked a her hands in the faint light of her lamp, they were trembling, she was scared, and couldn't go back to sleep.

Subirah was scared to even go out of bed, she grabbed a tissue from her bedside table, wiped her tears and sweat and turned on the light of her room, then leaving the door open to get the light, she ran across to her parents room, and slept beside her mom, Maya.

It wasn't till the morning that Maya had realized that Subirah was sleeping with her, she woke her up for school, but she was snoring away and looked exhausted, she got ready for the day then woke Subirah.

Subirah moaned and groaned, she stretched and yawned, but she didn't get up. At last Maya went into the bathroom and put some water in a cup, and sprayed sprayed Subirah with it using her hands.

"Wake up sleepy head! Time for school, you are already late!" said Maya. Subirah got up wiping her wet face, she remembered the events of last night, but she chose to ignore it.

School was really exciting for Subirah, she was learning new words, and having fun. Not to mention that she was actually learning, getting educated, her mothers dream.

Ms. Natalie was a little late for class. As she took the attendance, Subirah's name was again not on the list, so she decided to add it with her pen.

Salama was absent for the second day in a row, and her parents sent no note to the school about her absence.

In the creative studies class, Subirah got to work with Ruby on a recycling project, they had to make something using papers, which Subirah was very good at.

She made flowers and boats, and paper planes! "Wow, can you make anything using paper?" Ruby managed to ask.

Subirah sensed how impressed Ruby was. She felt really proud, Auntie had managed to teach her a few crafts with paper, and now she was showing off in class!

Soon, all the other pairs looked her way, they were impressed, and believed they could do no better.

"Wow, my nanny can make those!" said Collin. "I can make them!" Said Darla. "Can you make us two birds?" asked Mathew. "No silly, I am only making them for myself, I mean our pair" she said.

The thing was, she was actually copying each and every step Subirah did to make the paper swan, and hers wasn't as good but she was proud enough.

"Ok class, time's up!!" Announced Ms. Natalie. Ms. Susan was going through the students and checking each of their works, she was helping Collin and Mathew on their project.

"Wow, nice collection you've got there Ruby and Subirah" said Ms. Natalie. "I like that Darla, I like your swan, wow I like your flowers Janie , all in all you all did great!" she announced.

"Do you like ours?" asked Luke. "Of coarse I like everyone's" she said smiling.

It was now lunch time, and Subirah had already started making friends, mainly with Ruby. Ms. Natalie had left the class to the staffroom to finish some work, so Ms. Susan had to stay with them, she let them watch a movie.