chapter 18

The plane finally landed, and Maya got ready some napkins for when they get up, to wipe themselves from the butter, jam and crumbs that were attached to them.

"Where are we going?" Subirah asked after she calmed down as the plane was now on it's wheels.

"Well, let's see if you can guess!" said Maya. "I wouldn't be able to, I haven't been anywhere!" Subirah said really willing to know.

Now they were in this airport, it was almost morning, it wasn't as dark, and the sky was really blue.

"It smells like Kenya" Subirah said thoughtfully. "Wait, we were here when you took me!" Subirah suddenly remembered.

"Yes, darling, when we adopted you, not took you!" Jace corrected her. "My mom is not dead, she's here!" Subirah said.

"No, darling see now you have your mom Maya and me, we take good care of you, we said we would take you here so you can bring back good memories!" said Jace.

The man from the plane, who Subirah thinks had been following them was there and now, he was literally coming so close to her.

"Hello, how are you doing?" he came and put his hand out to Jace. "Hello, who are you?" he asked.

"Well, look here, I'm Subirah's unckle and we really need to talk!" he said. "No, you are not talking to her..wait darling is this your unckle?" JAce asked.

"No!" Subirah said Surely. "Well, look here, the thing about this is, that she actually doesn't know me okay, so let's just sit down somewhere up in the airport, and we can talk about this" the man said, he looked serious.

"You know what I don't have anytime for nonsense buisness, she said your not her unckle, so if you would please allow us to enjoy our holiday?" Jace said and walked off, ;eaving the mind behind.

"Subirah, you don't know him right?" Maya asked her just to make sure. "No, but he was following us all around!" she said.

They walked fast, and picked up they're luggage and left the airport with a taxi, they didn't want to meet that guy ever again.

They drove and drove, the streets looked different, you could tell you weren't in America or anything.

"Where are we going?" Subirah asked. "We are going to the hotel!" Maya said. Subirah was excited but she really wished that she would meet her mother somewhere, she missed her.

Soon they were checking in to the hotel, Subirah and Maya sat on the couches while Jace checked in. In a few minutes, they realized the Arab man who claims to be Subirah's uncle was also checking in.

"Sorry sir, fully booked!" said one of the workers. "How come he's checking in then?" the man made a great fuss.

"Sir, he booked online, he's just checking in" the employee insisted. "Excuse me...Look, I need a room in this hotel, mo tha tow!" the man said.

"Well, you know what, give him the vip room!" said Jace. "Okay, I will pay, why you didn't tell me there was a VIP room? you think I don't have" said the man angrily.

"Don't have what sir?" asked the employee. "Cash!" said the man angrily. "Okay sir, calm down" he employee said.

The man grabbed a bottle of water form a table in the waiting area and gulped it down. He was angry.

"Your room is ready sir!" the employee told he man. The man got up and followed the belhop to his room, Jace and SUbirah following their bellhop behind him.

"Listen, you we eat dinner together, excuse me, there is a buffet today right? yes we sit on the same table and talk, I will explain, I will explain don't worry, yalla don't forget huh!" said the man as Jace and Subirah got into their room.