Chapter 3

Auntie was now dumping Sima into the orphans' plates in the dining hall. "Subirah helped me make this today, didn't you," She said, trying to cheer her up.

Subirah didn't say a word, she just gulped down her sima in silence. She remembered her past life, how she was living in peace, a simple life in a village was all she missed, her mother especially.

Subirah wished her life was a book she could skip a few chapters to the good part, to check if she would ever be happy by the end of it.

Raya suddenly appeared out of nowhere, she tip-toed and looked scared. She was nibbling on her nails and quickly whispered something in Subirah's ear.

"really? no way! I'm not going, definitely not" whispered Subirah with an angry tone. "but it's going to be nice, they're rich, they can adopt us if we behaved well, and we would be rich" whispered back Raya.

"Well, don't you miss Mum, don't you want to see her ever again! go alone! I would stay here alone!" said Subirah sounding really irritated.

Raya gave Subirah a well-no-one-cares-about-your-opinion-I'll-do-what-I-want look and left with no words.

Now, it clicked for SUbirah, what if Raya takes this seriously and gets adopted, they will be separated.

She stared at the broken window, it was winter and cold, she realized they didn't have jackets.

"Hey, Subirah, penny for your thought" Joked Muthla. "Well, don't you think it's getting cold? when are we going to get our jackets?" Subirah asked.

"well, we don't, but I'm actually used to it," said Muthla. "Listen up, let's plan an escape" Subirah lowered her voice.

"What? are you serious, we will get into big trouble," said Majida. "Do you even know where you are going to escape to?".

"We'll probably find somewhere to go to, just don't you feel bored?!"She asked. "well, you've seen nothing, you've only been here for a few days and you are complaining. You haven't yet seen the punishments we have for doing nothing" said Muthla.

"Tell her about the donations we get every year, tons and tons, we could have been all warm by now, wrapped up in blankets, too bad they are all locked in the storage room," said majida.

"Well, I'm going whether you are coming with me or not, and I have the perfect place to escape to, you lady's stay here and eat sima, get used to the cold!" said subirah angrily getting up from the table.

"Well, you can go, no one's willing to get into trouble," said majida. "I..I I'll come with you, let's go" said Muthla.

As the two walked away from the dining room, they got upstairs to their dorm. "Okay, what's the plan?" asked Muthla.

"Well, we get our suitcases, grab some food from the kitchen and then wait till it's midnight or something and do the needful," said Subrah.

"Okay, but I'm not taking any food from the kitchen, that's stealing! I would not eat my next meal and pack it in my suitcase" suggested Muthla.

"well, I guess that sounds good enough," said Subirah. "Oh, and do you have any money?" she added.

"well, a few penny's, we can work with that!" said Muthla. "Ok, now everything sounds great, so let's wait for the next meal!" said subirah excited.

"Ok, one last thing, Important," said Muthla. "what is it?" Subirah asked. "Well, where are we escaping to?" asked Muthla.

"Well, we can just walk until we find a good spot, then we can sleep till the next day, and then we will do a sort of hike until we find some jobs, that will earn us money, then we live the life! said Subirah.