That feeling

Ray's Pov:
I'm so glad to have been able to save Y/n, I am so relieved that she is ok, the joys of knowing how to work with needle and thread I suppose. This makes me think of when I was trapped with Danny after having to write that pretend suicide note, he would always tell me that I will never be able to use my abilities that I had picked up for any good. All he ever wanted was for me to be as much as a crazed psychopath that he was, trust me, I could not think of anything worse.

Y/n's Pov:
You know that feeling when you feel as if you are getting dangerously close to death and you just kinda freak the fuck out, dealing with that sinking feeling knowing that there's nothing you could possibly do to revert that? Well that feeling has been swirling round my head all night, I barely got a minute of actual shut eye. Well if it wasn't for Rachel, I'd just be in a lifeless pool of piteous bullshit waiting to be thrown away like damaged goods. I've always seen myself as damaged, but I always knew how to bury that part of me and keep it hidden. With Zack, I am learning to embrace my vulnerable side and trust me, that shit is difficult. It's like having to learn how to feel emotions again. It's like being on a rollercoaster: you're slowly getting towards the top and you feel nice, like nothing can bring you down and then all of a sudden, you just drop. You never expect it, so when it happens it feels as if everything is crashing down on you and you feel helpless, like nothing can be down to help you in that moment. It's a horrible feeling but unfortunately it happens. I try to wake Zack up so we can briefly go outside to help deal with my feelings. See, I've always dealt with my negativity by going outside and enjoying nature as it is, there's just this calm aura that comes with it that just makes everything feel better. If only doctors would prescribe this shit. God! Zack is such a deep sleeper, why won't his freaky ass wake up! Just before Rachel had 'magically' come back from the dead, I had wondered off outside without telling Zack or bringing him with me and he had freaked the fuck out, he honestly thought that he would never see me again so for that reason, I have to wake him and bring him with me.

Zack's Pov:
I begin to fall out of my slumber to see Y/n violently shaking me. So I cupped her cheek and pressed a few soft kisses around her face and one on her lips. I manage to get a grasp of her hand and her breathing starts to regulate slightly. There is so much possible shit that could have triggered the way that she is feeling. She knocked me out of my worried trance and spoke: "Zack can we please go outside, just for a moment. I'm starting to feel really on edge about last night and I just need a calm sense right now please!" She started to cry. I wiped her tears away, held her hand and walked out with her. This is how I am going to learn about the way that Y/n works emotionally, it's going to be a difficult journey but one would do anything for love. This is a journey that we are going to take together.

600 words
There's going to be some long and heartfelt discussions in the next chapter so if talks of negative emotions trigger you, then try to avoid that chapter. I will put a trigger warning on there when I write it ❤️‍🩹

Be sure to vote for this chapter x