8

#############
I apologize if the following part(s) are factually wrong. I'm not anyhow close to martial arts. It's a form I respect tremendously and mean no disregard.
#############

That afternoon, back in Rise, Jules was training as usual. But there was something bothering her. It felt as if there eyes on her. Being looked at, in a  class as a trainer is normal but she didn't expect anyone to shoot 'dagger eyes' at her. It wasn't continuous but it was intense, and every time she tried to see who it was, they'd disappear. And this was making her more and more hyper aware of her surroundings.

It was getting tiresome for the retired agent. When one field, she was often the one to keep watch. And if rarely, she was watched, she put up the best show but hardly anyone survived to talk about that special show. She lived up to her name 'Ghost', anyone who saw her, did not live to tell the tale. Of course, she choose her victims smartly but she always knew who her enemies were. Always.

This was different. Not only was she retired with no one knowing she previous identity, she could not imagine who this person was or what their motives could be. And most importantly, she could not disappear to investigate. She only could hold her guard up for herself and all her student and staff.

After long tedious hours, the last class finally ended and the students left her alone in a class hall. She was just sitting against the wall drinking water, thinking about those eyes which were still on her, when Henry came. He walked up to her and said, "Your fighting style is really nice, Ms. Jules."

'So it was you, was it?'

"Thank you, Mr. Raymond."

"Please call me Henry. Mr. Raymond sounds like my father."

She smiled and asked, "Were you watching me instead of instructing your students?"

He was impressed. "You saw me, did you? Well, I was watching you but I wasn't slacking. I instructed them to my full capacity."

She smiled, accepting his words. 'Well, at least he's honest about it.'  she thought to herself.

"Seeing you fight was very interesting, Ms. Jules. But it seemed you were holding back which is quite natural for a teacher. But I'd like to see how strong you are. So may I please have a fight with you?" Henry requested.

Jules took a second to think. She wasn't one to back out from a fight but she was considering the physical strength of both at the moment. And she concluded that for one round, it was fine.

It wasn't unusual for her colleagues to have a sparring round like this. It was actually helpful letting out the best of themselves, showing and gaining knowledge and technique. But given her past that no one knew about, she was undefeated and she wanted to defend that.

"Let's go."

She got up, securing her hair again and took she fighting stance. Henry followed and looked straight at her judging her. She did the same, waiting for the first attack. He had a slight advantage of his height and the fact that he was watching her. But that didn't make much difference to her. Knowing what she taught was not much of an upper hand and she had defeated many bigger than her.

Henry charged in for the first blow from the right and immediately had his left follow. Jules easily doged the left blow, defending her right and went in from the front. He intended to grab her but she was to fast. That was the first hit to Henry.