Special Chapter #4

Reference for Special Chapter #4: What if Koumei had survived the Archon War?

Note: As promised, I'm going to write this scenario since there are people who are curious about it.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Feeling the silk sheets on his skin, Kojutsu covered himself more with the blankets he has. Seeking warmth as the prickling cold air crawled on his skin. Normally, Kojutsu would have his brother at his side. His brother would circle his arms around his waist and pull him closer. Letting Kojutsu's head rest on his chest. Proving the warmth that Kojutsu would seek every morning. But Koumei was not in bed this time. And Kojutsu doesn't know why.

Koumei would only get out of bed after he gets out. So what's so special today? Were they having guests? That was hardly plausible. Zhongli wouldn't visit if he doesn't send a letter. Barbatos would be whistling and humming a tune that would echo in the cave that he and his brother live in. So to have Koumei leaving the bed earlier than normal is weird. Something that Kojutsu was not used to. With no choice left, Kojutsu opened his eyes. His vision was blurry but only for a moment. Hearing footsteps outside, Kojutsu glanced to the door opening. Seeing Koumei with a tray full of food in his hold.

"You're awake!" said Koumei. Approaching his brother and setting the tray on the nightstand near their bed. "C'mon! Wake up wake up! You promised that we would go to Liyue Harbour today! C'mon!" Koumei ushered Kojutsu out of the bed. Grabbing the tray of food before shoving it into his brother's arms.

Kojutsu, who just woke up, could only follow his brother's demand. Taking the tray and eating his breakfast at a sluggish pace. "I'll do your hair so we can get there faster! I already put our clothes out earlier!" Koumei searched around their room for a brush. After finding said brush, Koumei sat down behind his brother, brushing Kojutsu's bed hair. Humming as he did so. The two brothers were in harmony. One silently eating and the other indulging himself with his brother's soft hair. Koumei wondered how his brother had got his hair this soft at times. Sure they were ghouls, however, not even Koumei was able to make his hair this soft and so silky. Similar to water just passing through your fingers. Or silk threads against your skin.

"Can you make your hair longer, brother?" Koumei asked, resting his chin on Kojutsu's shoulder.

The older of the two glanced at Koumei. "Again? You know how tiring it is to take care of long hair, Koumei. And I don't want to waste my time on it." Koumei puffed his cheeks. Snugging his nose against his brother's shoulder. Whining on how Kojutsu doesn't love him and won't abide by his wishes. Even going as far as to nip on Kojutsu's skin. The latter only sighed.

"Fine fine..." Koumei cheered up as soon as he heard his brother agreeing to his request. Pressing his lips on Kojutsu's cheek. Koumei stayed a few feet away, waiting for his brother to grow his hair out. In a matter of seconds, Kojutsu's once short and wavy hair has now reached up to the waist. Koumei squealed at the sight. Seeing his brother with long hair is the best. And long hair makes his brother cuter! As handsome as his brother is, Koumei always prefers when his brother is cute. (That way, people can see him as the older brother that protects their younger siblings.) 

After the hair grew, Koumei approached Kojutsu once more. With the brush in his hand, Koumei started to style his brother's hair. A bride on one side of the head and connecting it to the other stands. Making one long braid decorated with tiny flowers.

»»————- ♔ ————-««

The two brothers are now on their journey towards Liyue Harbor. Aside from the colors, the two wore matching clothes. Kojutsu wore a white buttoned shirt as Koumei wore a black one. Kojutsu's pants were white and the cape flowing behind was a darker shade of jade green. The epaulets on his shoulders were silver and his boots reached up to his knees. Koumei's pants were yellow, the cape had an ombre of white and black, and epaulets of golden color.

Even with a glance, people can easily tell that the two were twins. Apart from the matching clothes, the two looked similar. Their long black hair in a high ponytail and the smiles on their faces were similar. Same arm bracelets with one on his right and the other on his left. (The same arm bracelet that Kojutsu had after defeating the monster). And the Dendro Vision displayed on their waist. People can only wonder if the Dendro Archon only noticed the visuals of the two men and not their brains.

"Where should we go after we get to Liyue Harbor? I heard Ah Li[1] is working at the Wangshen Funeral Parlor. Should we visit him?"

"A funeral Parlor? Why is Zhon'er working there? That's... a bit... I would say ironic since he faked his own death."

"I can't really say ironic but at least he's stable now. The first time he tried being a mortal, he forgot what mora is... To be the God who made the money we use, it must be tough for him to not have a retirement fund." Kojustu could only chuckle at his brother's remark. He can't deny it either. Zhongli created Mora and the name derived from his name, Morax. The man even went as far as to fake a story that he finds for a craftsman to create jade plaques to create a story to establish the first existence of Mora.[2] Well, what was considered as mora before. 

After a while of walking and collecting a few ingredients from the monsters that were minding their own business, the twins had finally arrived in Liyue Harbor.

The air was not as fresh in Mondstadt but a breeze was enough for the boats to set sail. The scenery below was enough for anyone to get amazed. To see the city that Rex Lapis, himself, created and governed himself for thousands of years. If the Archon didn't die, this city would be more bustling than it is now.

"The age of the gods is no more, huh...?" Koumei muttered under his breath. Saying the same words that his brother uttered 500 years ago. The nation of Khanr'iah, Koumei wondered if there was no other fate for them. He and his brother could do nothing but sit still and just watch the nation get destroyed. Going up against Celestia is something that he and Kojutsu could never do. Doing so can only mean one thing on their end. Death. Koumei almost experienced what death was millennials ago. And he doesn't want to die. Not when his brother is still here.

"What are you thinking about?" Hearing his brother's voice, Koumei glanced at the person beside him. Kojutsu held his left hand out, inviting the other to take it. Unknowingly, Koumei glanced at the ring on Kojutsu's pinky finger. Maybe Kojutsu was a bit more selfish, he and Eugene would be the best couple.

"Nothing!" Taking his brother's hand in his, "Let's go!"

▬▬▬▬▬▬

[1] - There are many ways on how Chinese would make nicknames for their friends/family members. Sometimes adding, xiao(小; which means little, not to be confused with Xiao's name). Or ah (does not have a particular meaning in my research but it's a prefix added to show your casual-ness with someone) in front of their name. There's also with -er, adding it at the end of a character name. Sometimes, calling people based on their personality or just saying one of their (character) names twice.

[2] -  In Rex Incognito (the book), throughout the book, it describes the many vassals ( I'm not sure what to call Zhongli's previous mortal facades before he's Zhongli) of Rex Lapis. Though, only the female, the worker at the port, and Zhongli were mentioned. But it also described how Mora came to be or its past.

also, I'm working on a modern AU for the next special chapter. Weddings!