12

Venti sunk down to his seat as Zhongli slowly sat down. Both a bit tired from their trip of collecting ingredients for (YN). "Where were you two anyways? (YN) told us that you were an errand," Paimon asked. Finishing on what she has in her rice bowl. 

"Like what (YN) said, an errand!" Venti replied, dodging the question and they really don't want to say that they've been battling whopperflowers and the pyro regisvine when they were sleeping.

(YN) needed 10 whopperflower nectars and about five or a couple more everflame seeds. The two ingredients aren't really that hard to get for the two archons but the two were just plain annoying to be in a battle with. Especially since the two didn't have anyone with a Hydro Vision, they basically went full-on attack mode to kill it quickly before it would injure them severely. The two quickly dig in, almost devouring their food similar to Paimon when she's really hungry. 

"(YN) is one of the God of Alchemist, correct?" Unknowingly the two nodded in agreement. 

"Yup! He's the one governing over the death? Part? I'm not really sure --- wait..." Venti realized what he had just said. Looking at the person who had asked the question, his eyes staring straight into Diluc's eyes. 

"How did you know that?" Venti asked, putting down his chopsticks in the meantime. If he recalled, he never mentioned that (YN) was a god ever so it would be impossible for Diluc to know. Especially since Diluc never indulged that much in alchemy.

"I've had alchemy lessons when I was a child and the textbooks kept repeating the names Kojutsu and Koumei over and over again. So it's not hard to put it all together since you introduced the person as Kojutsu in the first place." Diluc gave a valid explanation. An explanation that Venti couldn't argue to. It is indeed his fault for introducing (YN) as such but he never figured out that Diluc would've known him. 

"Now that you mention it... I have heard Sucrose and Albedo mentioning that name whenever they talk about Alchemy," Jean said. Joining in into the conversation and proving that (YN) is indeed a god. 

"But I've never expected (YN) to be a god." Childe's eyes widened.

To think there was another god. But he had never heard of that name nor was there a land or a nation that was dedicated to this god. 

Zhongli, who noticed the look on Childe's face, "He isn't an archon but is as strong as one when we were in our prime," Zhongli said and taking a sip of his tea before continuing, "Although he does not have a land like the other archons, we have established as important as we are to the people here in Teyvat." The humans, Paimon and Aether couldn't help but astonished at this. To have such important and strong people to refer to you as such. There was only one thing in their minds as of right now, Just what kind of person is (YN)?

Of course, the thought was common in all aspects considering (YN) is still a mysterious person to them. 

"If you wish to learn more about, there are books about him that are made by his people and fortunately, (YN) had kept a couple of editions in his library," Zhongli said with a smile on his face. Looking as if he's almost boasting about (YN). 

At this point, Jean realized something, "W-wait! If you know (YN)'s true identity then does that you are an archon as well, Mr. Zhongli?" she asked. Although the answer is quite obvious at this point and she had already had an idea on which archon Zhongli was. 

"Yes. Most people of Liyue know me as Rex Lapis but I think I go by another name in the other nations --- Geo Archon to put it simply." Zhongli explained it so easily that Jean wanted to scream at him that he was too casual with his introduction. 

"If Zhongli-sensei is Rex Lapis then it wouldn't be too far-fetched to say that Venti is Barbatos then?" Childe guessed but it was also too obvious at this point. After all, what kind of bard would be friends with a consultant who works in a funeral. Not to mention, both people are from different nations so it would be quite weird for the two to mix in together. Except if Zhongli wanted someone to sing at a funeral then that would've been fine but Venti's songs aren't exactly the mourning songs that most people would want in a funeral. And what kind of people want to hear songs about battle and adventures at a funeral. Only odd people, I guess.

"Paimon thinks this conversation won't end well." Aether only nodded in agreement, "Let's leave," Paimon said. And soon enough, the two were off.

Edited: July 2, 2021

------

AN: If u remember in Chapter 4, I briefly mentioned how Diluc is oddly familiar with the name Kojutsu but I've never tried to implement it in the upcoming chapters cause I forgot and I just recently remembered it when I was writing. Oops