16

"What's happening in here!?" The door to the second library slammed open. Revealing a woman with golden wheat blonde hair and her clothes befitting of a noble. A worried expression on her face as sweat covered her. An indication that he had run over here. 

"Jean..." (YN) took note of her appearance but most of his attention was on the boy in his arms. Although Aether was sleeping peacefully --- and so was Paimon --- the two would wake up in just a few hours at most.

"Sir (YN)? What had happened here?" Jean repeated her question, approaching the man. Finally noticing Aether in his arms. Jean immediately thought of the worst scenario. "Did a monster appeared here?" she asked, scanning Aether for any injuries before taking Paimon in her arms, checking Paimon's every inch of her body to see that she was injured. Sighing in relief when she found none. It didn't take long for the others to arrive in the second library. Each asking what had happened and why was Aether unconscious. 

Irritated at the voices echoing and repeating the same thing over and over, (YN) clicked his tongue. Almost shutting everyone's mouths in an instant. "The monster didn't appear nor did it sneaked its way into here. It's impossible for such a thing to happen unless it was escorted by someone," (YN) said. Adjusting his hold on Aether.

With the slight adjustment, Aether groaned and even flinched a bit. Everyone froze, waiting for the small blonde male to wake up but he didn't. Instead, Aether had snuggled up further to (YN)'s chest. "He'll wake up sooner or later so don't get worried too much," (YN) said. Inspecting his surroundings just in case there were more of those creatures. 

"(YN)... the creature that attacked Aether... it's not one of those?" Venti asked. A bit scared thinking that it was able to sneak into (YN)'s home without the owner's knowledge. 

"Impossible," (YN) answered "The creature that attacked Aether was something that my brother made a long time ago. Unfortunately, some had gained intelligence and hid away from me. That creature was the last one so I should thank these two for finding it." Zhongli's brows furrowed. Confused about how those creatures were able to live up to this day. Those creatures should've died more than a millennium ago. Yet, it was alive.  Staring at (YN), he noticed the bags under his eyes. It was much more prominent than before. His body had lost weight once more and the male had gotten skinnier than before. 

Zhongli's mouth opened but it was cut off when (YN) looked past him. Glancing behind, Zhongli saw Childe with a bow behind him. The ginger male chuckled dryly, "I saw a weapon room, you see... I couldn't help it," he said. Showing the bow that was behind him. The bow was quite peculiar. It had wings on the top and miniature ones at the bottom of the bow. The color of the wings was akin to the color of the skies; bright blue. The limbs of the bow weren't arched as most bows are. Rather, it was straight as a ruler. It looked heavy and is probably heavy. The others pondered how Childe was able to hold it with only one hand. Sadly, the bow had a dull color. As if it lost its luster when it was rusting away in the weapon room where Childe had found it.

[AN: It's the Skyward Harp]

"Ah! That's my weapon!" Venti shouted, dashing straight to Childe and grabbing the bow out of his hold. "Don't touch what's not yours!" Venti said, glaring at Childe playfully. A pout on his lips, hiding the bow behind his back. 

"Don't fight on who's the owner is," (YN) interjected, Walking past the two. The bow struggling in Venti's hold and soon it wasn't in his hold anymore. Flying towards (YN) and resting itself on his back. Paimon's body, also, floated, and then she was laying on (YN)'s head. 

"I'm taking Aether and Paimon to the infirmary and all of you go to the training room! Zhon'er, Spatz, guide them," (YN) ordered. With the tone he was using, it was impossible for them to ignore it or not do it. (YN)'s figure soon disappeared and his footsteps getting farther and farther.

All of a sudden, it was now quiet in the second library. The air around wasn't awkward or uncomfortable but it wasn't peaceful either. Rather, it was similar to that when the commander had left after his speech in the army. It was forced and tough to break. Zhongli coughed, "Ahem... Let's go to the training room, shall we?" he said. His voice a bit low and trembling a tad bit. Not that the others would be surprised that even Zhongli is scared of (YN). Even seeing the male in a bad mood could be the end of their lives if they're not careful enough. Nodding, all of them followed Venti and Zhongli towards the so-called training room. Which was located underground, they had to ride a floating rock that glided down. Of course, Venti just jumped down and used the winds to soften his landing.

"Reckless as ever, Venti," Zhongli commented as he shook his head. Offering his hand for Jean to take, helping her get down from the rock platform. Scanning the training area, the walls were full of weapons. Each was held on by a display wall mount. Each weapon had its unique design and was organized by the type of weapon it was. The more unusual ones were these long slim barrels. It looked like the barrel was made of metal whilst the back parts were of wood. A tiny ring on the bottom[1], Jean noted that. 

"What kind of weapon is that?" Pointing towards the object, the others glanced to where she was pointing. Diluc had no idea and reacted nonchalantly so did Venti and Zhongli. Childe, on the other hand, had his eyes widened when his eyes landed on the weapon. What's a Snezhnhayan weapon doing here!?, is what he thought.

Edited: July 2, 2021

------

[1] - Apparently, the gun that Fatui Pyro Skirmishers use is a fantasy version of flintlock rifles. I actually searched how many times a flintlock rifle can shoot and they seem to shoot about 3 to 4 times per minute. The same when Pyro Skirmishers do when they have their shields up. 

btw guys, i made a new fanfic of genshin. its been sitting on my drafts for a few weeks now and i just kinda hope that it will work.