29

(YN)'s nails are tainted by his own blood. Wounds deeper than they should appearing on his arms. Akin to what a beast's claws scratching on his own body. The thick deep red blood oozing slowly out of his arm. And when (YN) had taken his own nails out, the blood had overflowed. Filling the bowl to the brim. Zhongli gave him a towel and (YN) covered his entire arm with it. Trying to stop the bleeding.

Zhongli noted how (YN)'s brows knitted. He raised a brow in confusion, wondering what is making (YN) so upset? Is it because he already knows the ingredient had failed? And not only is he wasting his time but his own blood as well? From what Zhongli knows, Ghoul Blood is very precious and scarce within the alchemy community. Even now, people are still seeking out these ancient creatures to get a drop of their blood.

If you ask an alchemist on what create has the most useful parts when it comes to alchemy experiments, many would say ghouls even though it is believed that they are extinct. Their teeth, skin, meat, bones, eyes, blood. Almost every part of their body is considered useful. Especially the teeth, specifically the fangs, and their blood. The teeth can be made into poison, or it can make you stronger for a few days. The blood, however, is just for the preservation of the experiment. Which is quite useful when you're conducting experiments that may take the life of your subjects. But it can also work with potions and such. There is always a day when a poison can never be used. And ancient alchemists used ghoul blood to not only prolong the potion's shelf life, but some had created pills to prolong their own lives.

Hence, why ghouls were sought out after alchemy had become popular.

"(YN)?" Zhongli called, getting worried when (YN)'s brows only furrowed further. But (YN) didn't reply. Rather, he went on with his experiment. Well, it could not be called an experiment when (YN) is only creating an ingredient. The towel was wrapped around his arm very tightly. (YN) had hastily poured the bowl of blood into the cauldron. A few streams had escaped from the cauldron and dripped down to the block. The fire flickering when the liquid had touched the flames. A few cracks could be heard when the liquid had vaporized. (YN) grabbed the glass rod and mixed the contents.

The liquid had bubbled up for a minute or two before it stopped. The color changing from green to pink and then to pastel blue. Seeing it from the top, one could see the sparkling bubbles that would rise up from the bottom. (YN) grabbed the different glass bottles that he had gotten and filled each one full. (YN) used his powers to create a cork and inserted it to each bottle.

Jean, who got too curious, approached a tad. "What is that?" she asked. Eyeing the bottles on the table. It was glowing and squinting her eyes, she could see the sparkling bubbles.

"The solution that you were oh so waiting patiently for..." Diluc, Childe, Paimon, Aether, and Jean glanced towards (YN). Then towards the four bottles on the table.

"But why is there so little? Paimon thinks that it won't be enough to kill every monster," Paimon asked. Flying closer towards the bottles.

Diluc grabbed one of the bottles, examining it. "How do we use it?" he asked. Tilting the bottle from left to right to downwards and then upwards.

(YN) shook his head, "Could you not do that?" Snatching the bottle from Diluc's hands. Swirling the liquid inside for a bit, "Give me one of your weapons," he said. But that statement was mostly directed at Diluc. He then drew out his claymore before giving it to (YN). The latter was able to lift it with one hand and uncorked the bottle with his teeth. Pouring the liquid onto the blade.

The sword glowed. Almost blinding everyone in the room that they had to cover their eyes. Even Zhongli and Venti. However, (YN) was able to open his eyes throughout the whole minute or two when it glowed. When it dimmed, everyone could see that not only the color of the blood had changed but also the design. But only a bit.

The changed from a dull gray color to a navy blue one, the tip and the sides of it remain unchanged. The intricate designs that was put on the sword had changed color. Exchanging the color from the blade before it changed. An icy blue gemstone placed right below the hilt.

[AN: It's the Favonious Greatsword. I know that we usually depict Diluc with Wolf's Gravestone but in his side story, we could see that he was using the Favonious one instead of the Gravestone.]

(YN) then gave it back to Diluc, "The potion that I created is similar to poison to those creatures. But, of course, it's not like I have the time to create enough of these poison to kill all of those creatures when I don't even know how many are there. So, it took me a bit more time to be able to infuse it with metals. Well, metals that wouldn't melt with my blood, that is." Everyone's attention was more focused towards the greatsword that was in Diluc's hold. Some sort of aura was emitting from it. And Diluc knew that it had a drastic change. It was lighter, and he could feel something similar to elemental energy coming from the sword.

(YN), who was about to explain more, coughed when he opened his mouth. Both Venti and Zhongli immediately rushed towards (YN)'s side. When they were about to ask what was something wrong, (YN) had threw up blood.