32

Zhongli had tucked (YN) into bed, making sure that the male had two blankets on him. Trying to keep him warm. As (YN) preferred to sleep on his side and curl on his sleep, Zhongli had tucked in a pillow in his arms for (YN) to hug in his sleep. Zhongli sighed, noticing how dark the bags under (YN)'s are. As sickly (YN) is, he never lacked sleep. So to see bags under his eyes is always shocking to most.

Glancing back, Zhongli saw Venti trying to read the book that was in (YN)'s hold earlier. His brows furrowed and one of his hands scratching the backside of his head. Trying to decipher what the book is about. "It's useless..." Venti said, wanting to throw the book on the floor but he resisted the urge. The books that (YN) has are too precious to get bruised or to have its pages wrinkled. These books are older than him.

Zhongli approached the small male and took the book from Venti's hands. Seeing the language, he knew that he couldn't read it also. The language used was the language from (YN)'s nation from long ago. Their name, language, location, and everything else disappeared. Well, more like it was influenced by other people and they lost their identity in the process. Other people setting into inhabited land.

But (YN) and Koumei still used their language to keep their spells and experiments a secret. Not even the gods over in Celestia nor the Dendro Archon could even understand it. And if the Dendro Archon can't even understand it, how can Zhongli understand it? Back then, when he had the chance to learn it, he took advantage of it. Then again, he was but a child. And children are always unruly and hard to manage.

"Curse?" Venti blurted out as he took notice of the words on the cover. Zhongli hummed in confusion and took a look on the cover when he noted that Venti was pointing at it. In truth, Zhongli can't understand the words. So he's not sure if what Venti had blurted out was true.

Taking a peek at him, "You can read this?" he asked. A bit shocked that Venti was able to read it.

Venti chuckled, "(YN) taught me simple words and the word 'curse' had stuck to me for some reason..." It should. That word should have stuck with him. Because Dolion was the one who had killed Koumei. And the one that (YN) had killed first in the Archon War. (YN) had raged for so long after he killed Dolion and even burned all paintings and books that contained his name. 

Zhongli shook his head, "It's best if we clean the room and the blood from the other room." Venti nodded. Following what Zhongli had said. They first started in the alchemy room, cleaning the blood that (YN) had puked out. Putting all of the books back and made sure that everything was nice and neat. Normally, (YN) would have used his powers to clean everything and get everything back to normal. But Zhongli and Venti can't rely on that power every single time they need to clean the house. And this is not the first time that they did clean the male's house.

Zhongli, Venti, and the other original five archons used to do it. At that time, (YN) had locked in his room for days and even months without going out. All seven had to coax him to even get a sip of water. It was definitely a time that Zhongli and Venti don't want to experience again. Not that the experience was a chore. Rather, they don't want to see (YN) be in that state ever again. The male didn't have enough energy to take a bath.

As soon the two arrived back in the infirmary, they saw (YN) sitting up on the bed. Rubbing his forehead with two of his fingers. Glancing up, (YN) saw the two males with a tiny trickle of sweat covering their foreheads. "Thanks for cleaning the house..." he said. Standing up and staggering towards one of the bookshelves.

"You need to rest..." Venti said. Approaching the male and ushering him back to bed. But it was useless, even in his weakened state, (YN) is still stronger than the bard. Stepping to the side and grabbed one of the books. Well, the same book from earlier.

Zhongli put a hand on Venti's shoulder. Venti looked at the taller male and saw that Zhongli shook his head. Telling him to stop and remind him, once again, how stubborn (YN) can be at times. "Do you have a lead perhaps?" Zhongli asked. It's better to help (YN) in whatever he's doing than to stop him. One thing he knows about the twins is that both of them are stubborn. Probably one of the most stubborn people he has ever known in his life.

(YN) hummed, "The mark is probably a curse --- well, the mark of the curse that is..." (YN) started, closing the book and taking another from the shelf. "I'm not sure what this curse implies but I know who's the bastard that put it on us. I'm not sure what triggered this curse but it did..." Putting the two books back on the shelf, (YN) scratched the backside of his head.

"Get me all of the books in the second row in the library. The ones with purple covers and nothing else. And even the old ones." Zhongli and Venti nodded.