21

After letting Aether come with him, everyone was gathered together in the living room. "I'm just going to have a short trip to Bubu Pharmacy," (YN) said, "I won't be long and Aether will be coming with me." Jean tilted her head to the side a tad. Confused about why Aether and Paimon are going together with (YN). Paimon huffed her chest and put her hands on her hips;

"Why is the honorary knight coming with you?" she asked. 

"To protect him!" Paimon said so confidently with her hands on her hips. The others stared at Aether and Paimon. Wondering if they could actually protect (YN) like they say did and not the other way around.

(YN) wanted to sigh out loud but held it back. "As what she said..." (YN) intervened, "He'll be protecting me to Bubu Pharmacy and we'll be back not until dinner if we're fast enough." (YN) flicked his finger and a key had appeared. 

"Diluc." The red-haired man hummed to reply to (YN)'s call. "You'll be in charge until we're back." Venti's mouth gaped and his eyes widened when he heard. 

"W-wait!? Shouldn't we ---" Gesturing to himself and Zhongli "--- be in charge!?" he asked. A tiny bit offended and hurt that (YN) doesn't trust the two of them to be in charge of the house. Are they that untrustworthy!?

"The last time I remember... not only my cellar had been emptied out but my pantry had no food left --- not even an old bread to snack on for that matter. If I have known that you seven would devour all of my food and drinks then I shouldn't have left all of you there and expected a clean house." The two archons froze when they were reminded of that memory of theirs.

It was a few decades after the Archon War and all of them thought it was a good idea to have a short reunion. They, of course, went to (YN)'s place to celebrate it. However, (YN) had to make a quick trip outside to fetch a few ingredients so the seven archons were left on their own for a couple of hours at most. It wasn't all that bad when (YN) had left. But the time they drank a cup or two of (YN)'s alcohol, the memories after that were gone. Venti has no idea how he was locked inside a closet and Zhongli doesn't have a single clue on how he slept on the stairs. The rest were either sprawled on the floor and snoring. With the exception of the (original) Hydro Archon, they were on the chandelier holding on to their poor life. 

"You... you still remember that?" Venti asked shamelessly. A chuckle leaving his mouth. Ashamed that (YN) still remembered that. Glancing towards Zhongli and he was on the same boat. A tiny flush of pink rushing towards his cheeks as he avoided not only (YN)'s stare but also Venti's. Not wanting to recall any sorts of moments at that time or it would only bring more shame to him. 

"Why? What happened back then!? Paimon wants to know!" (YN) shook his head.

"All you need to know is that I prefer to trust my house to a hilichurl than these two." The said males flinched and their moods dropping and so did their shoulders. (YN) shook his head once more as he watched the two archons' childish behaviors. Clicking his tongue in the process, "Let me get dressed first." (YN) teleported to his room.

The group was silent. Four humans and one fairy-like creature stared at the two archons with disbelief. Wondering what happened at that time that made (YN)'s trust in them crumble. Did something happen? Did they perhaps break too many windows? Did they fight inside the house? Or did they a made mess when they ate (YN)'s whole pantry? Countless thoughts and guesses swirled inside their head. Zhongli and Venti turned around, too ashamed to face the gazes that were targeted at them.

"So..." Paimon said, her sentence trailing off. "What happened?" she asked. Crossing her arms with a judgemental look on her face. The two men were unable to answer nor did they turned around to see the gazes on their faces. Not even a whisper has escaped from their mouths, lips tight shut, and their bodies stood still as statues. 

"Not even answering..." Paimon commented, disappointment evident in her voice.

"Don't force them." Hearing heels clacking against the floor and the familiar voice, all of them knew that it was (YN). Turning to see the tall male, all of them were awed at his appearance. The robe that they were all familiar with that (YN) wore was gone. His messy hair was now parted to the right and properly combed. (YN) was now wearing a dress shirt with the upper buttons opened, letting others see his chest and the black mark that seems only to grow larger each day. A corset on his small waist. The pants that he wore were tight and had clung to his legs like a second skin. And on his shoulders was a small shoulder cape that barely covered his upper body seeing that it only reached up to his chest. Yet it didn't even cover the front part of his chest. The small cape had a high collar and a gemstone to act some sort of clip. His boots added a bit to his height, making him taller than he already was. The color scheme of his suit was an ombre from black at the top to a deep green color at the bottom. 

"They didn't even tell what happened that day so I doubt they're going to tell you." (YN) fixed the gloves on his hand, not noticing the stares that he's getting.

Edited: July 2,2021

------

GUYS! the constellation doesn't mean that its kojutsu's zodiac sign. its just a coincidence that this his birthday is at the like time where libra zodiac sign is. his constellation is like lore stuff for kojutsu

AND ALSO! if you watched the video with the clips of audio in the previous chapter. i've also provided what the characters looked like. and kojutsu's right eye was supposed to be clouded as if he was blind and his left was not. and koumei's left eye is clouded like he's blind and on the right one is clear.

in this setting, kojutsu is not blind in his right eye. rather, it's more a subtle way that his twin is dead. and that's also the reason why koumei's left eye is clouded. but in the image, kojutsu's eye doesn't seem to have that color(?) like in koumei's pic so i wanted to explain it a bit.