Special Chapter #2

Reference for Special Chapter #2: First Love

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Alcmene, Koumei, and Kojutsu sat together near the edge of the cliff. All of them watching the sun setting. The sky turning from a calming blue color to an orange hue. Similar to fruits that trees bore, Sunsettias. A tiny pink and dark blue color mixing in with the clouds. Indicating that night was soon coming and the three males need to go home before monsters come. Alcmene had left his daughter with a trusted friend and laid his head on Koumei's shoulder. Kojutsu could see the contented expression on Koumei's face. A gentle smile and a blush on his face. It was not hard to see that his brother had fallen for the human man. BUt Alcmene has no thoughts of having another lover as he has to focus on his daughter. Keep her away from strangers and feed her. Presents and spoils her as much as he can. And Kojutsu is sure that Alcmene knows that Koumei loves him too. But the two never took things further. Their relationship was kept as ambiguous as ever.

"I've been wondering..." Alcmene started, raising his head from Koumei's shoulder. Glancing towards Kojutsu. "Have you ever been in love, Kojutsu?" he asked. His eyes staring at Kojutsu's with curiosity.

The male was taken back, he had never been asked this question. Not even by his brother. Love was something that crossed his mind. Sure, Kojutsu loves his brother. But romantic love and familial love are different. He knows that. And he's not sure if he's ever been in love. Emotions are something that Kojutsu doesn't have a clue about. It's always Koumei who's always teaching him about it. Kojutsu pursed his lips. Not knowing what to answer Alcemene.

"How about that Eugene guy, brother? He's always so fond of you so before." Mentioning that name, Kojutsu remembered the male's face. Bright and cheery. Never was a day that he had a frown. Muscular and cute at the same time. Kind and a gentleman. In other words, everything that the ladies would swoon for. And the fact that he was a bachelor, his popularity only rose. But when presented with the gifts from the ladies and large dowries that their father prepared. But the male always refused them. Saying that he's waiting for someone to realize that he's courting them.

Thinking back, Kojutsu realized that Eugene was waiting for him. His face flushing pink and covering it with his arm. "That idiot knows that I don't want to marry yet he wasted his life waiting. That's his fault and not mine. Even when announcing that we were not human, the male still insisted. I'd rather spend a lifetime waiting for you than to marry someone whom my heart will never let in is what he said..." Koumei chuckled. Being sat in between Alcmene and his brother, he grabbed his brother's head. Letting the male rest his head on his other shoulder.

"He did wait for a lifetime... But if ever that man would reborn, I don't think his stubbornness would let him forget you, brother," Koumei said. Glancing behind them, he can see a human child staring so obviously at his brother. The same big doe eyes and sharp jawline that was covered by baby fat. One front tooth missing and his eyes twinkling as he eyed Kojutsu. Koumei was sure that Kojutsu felt the child's stare, but the older brother just let the child be.

Alcmene followed Koumei's gaze and saw the child that would help around the village he was in. The boy would help around and even hang around near Kojutsu's and Koumei's home in the village. Staring through a window as he stared at the twins doing Alchemy. Recalling the lessons that he was given by the twins about rebirth and the like, Alcmene made an educated guess that this child probably had the same soul as Eugene. "Well... I guess that man will be remembered as the one who waited for centuries for an idiot to say yes then!" Alcmene said.