Chapter 31 ~ Delayed

Start from the beginning

I said I'd watch Ali the whole flight so he could concentrate but I felt really bad for Ali.

She was so exhausted being up so late and she couldn't suck her thumb so that comfort was taken from her.

She was just watching the iPad that I gave her and she was quite awake. Probably because it's been busy the past hour and she didn't feel as tired anymore.

When the seatbelt sign went off I went over to her and crouched down.

"You okay baby?" I asked curling her hair out her face. 

"Yeah." She said. There was tiredness in her voice.

"When we land we'll find a pacifier." I softly said.

She smiled tiredly and wrapped her arms round me. I hugged her back.

She was so understanding and well behaved.

~ 4 hours later ~

~ Alex's POV ~

I had only done half of it and we had about 3 hours to go.

I was so stressed as I flicked through every page. Just emails, notes, calculations, questions and surveys.

Also I couldn't ask if I needed guidance. I had to work it all out myself which is hard with the work I was given.

I was so tired and angered that I had to do this. I just wanted to see Ali and Lloyd. But no... I was stuck doing fucking work.

I was wondering if Ali was getting any sleep but I knew if I stepped away that's time wasting.

I just had to get on with it.

~ End of the flight ~

We had just landed and I was frantically typing on my laptop trying to finish the calculation I was on.

This was the last but I had to do a few other final surveys which I can do in the car in a bit.

I managed to finish it and I leaned back in my chair, my back cracking from keeping it hunched over the whole time. I yawned and started to pack my stuff away.

Lloyd then came over to me and reached up to my overhead locker to get my bag.

"Did you get it done?" He asked putting my bag by me.

"Pretty much. Just a few surveys in the car." I explained as I packed my laptop. "Did Ali sleep?" Was the first thing I wanted to know.

"Yeah she fell asleep about half an hour in and woke up about 20 minutes ago.

That's about 8 hours which I was very thankful for.

"Thanks for watching her. I really miss her from just 8 hours." I sighed zipping my bag up.

"Grab your bag then." He smiled, but before we went to her we kissed each other.

I went over to Ali and she was watching the iPad. She looked over to me and her eyes widened.

"Daddy!" She smiled holding her arms out.

"Hey baby!" I was so happy to see her. I lifted her into my arms and she hugged me tightly.

"Missed you." She snuggled into me. That melted my heart.

"Missed you so much Baby." I rocked her and Lloyd smiled at me.

I had my bag and he had his as well. So we could leave the plane.

I made sure Ali had Ra Ra and we started walking off the plane.

"Did you sleep?" I asked Lloyd.

"Yeah about 5 hours." He replied.

"Lucky you." I smiled.

"Tom really made you do the max." He said.

"I swear he's fucked when I see him." I then realised I swore in front of her again.

She was looking around so she wasn't really paying attention.

Lloyd did give me a look though.

I kept on walking ever few minutes kissing Ali's head.

We got into the main bit of the airport and started looking for our luggage. I set Ali on her feet and I took her hand firmly so she didn't wander off.

"Daddy it's a car shop!" She pointed to a toy car shop. I looked over and saw the shop. I looked back into her pleading eyes. I couldn't say no to her. Those eyes she give me. Also she had been so good the whole flight.

"Oh go on then." I have in smiling. She cheered and kissed my cheek.

I took her to the shop while Lloyd got the bags.

Hey guys,
Thank you all for replying, voting and reads yesterday for my tests. It rlly helped me out as I was a bit worried about it. Also I had this half written and didn't want to update half of it. The books aren't going anywhere I promise and if anything happens every chapter on every book I've written is saved. Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Hope your good. Leave some suggestions for future chapter. Don't forget to vote. Have a great day!
Don't forget to Social Distance! :D