Chapter 13: Bakugou vs Tomioka!

Start from the beginning

Both competitors take the stage while being introduces for the Sports Festival's finale.

"From the hero course, Tomioka Y/n! Versus! Also from the hero course, Bakugou Katsuki!"

Y/n draw his blade with its scabbard off his belt and took a combat stance.

"Start!" 

Y/n and Bakugou then dash at each other and the very first battle that Y/n has against Bakugou begins.

"Water Breathing, First Form: Water Surface Slash!"
(Mizu no kokyū, Ichi no kata: Minamo Giri)

Bakugou dodge Y/n's slash and counters with a flurry of quick explosions. It is deflected by the body of Y/n's blade and Bakugou easily comes round to attack with his explosion. His attack is once again deflected and Bakugou steps back from Y/n, his momentum carrying him.

Y/n rushes and slashes twice at Bakugou, missing both times.

Bakugou grabs onto Y/n's arm and throws him away with explosion. Y/n manage to stop himself from getting backed. The two begin to strike again.

"Second Form: Water Wheel!"
(Ni no kata: Mizu Guruma)

Y/n leaps up and somersaults downward to slash Bakugou with his descent, but Bakugou blocks it with his wrists. The powerful clash sends out a ripple that blows the roof off of a stadium behind them.

"What was that just now?!"

They both pause in that moment before Y/n lift his blade.

"Eighth Form: Waterfall Basin!"
(Hachi no kata: Takitsubo)

Bakugou is forced to leap away with his explosion as Y/n slams his sword on the ground, shattering the pavement.

"Die!" Bakugou shouts and blasts Y/n with a large explosion as the cloud of smoke consume the whole stage again.

"Hey, everything's covered in smoke! What happened?"

Bakugou emerge from the smoke and narrowing his gaze at the smoke that was starting to fade revealing Y/n who had his arms were injured severely from the blast.

"Tomioka's arms were injured from Bakugou's blast!" Present Mic says, Y/n's arms trembled as he kept his grip on his blade and lifts it up.

"Wind Breathing, First Form: Dust Whirlwind Cutter!"
(Kaze no kokyū, Ichi no kata: Jin Senpū - Sogi)

Y/n strikes his sword in a horizontal cyclone pattern when he got closer but Bakugou dodge him and manages to get behind him, eventually landing a large blast on Y/n's back. 

"A solid hit from Bakugou!" Class 1-A watches in horror as the smoke clears again. Y/n felt numb after he took a strong blow on his back. He slowly turn his head at Bakugou, panting and covered with severe wounds from Bakugou's explosion.

"I knew this would've happen."

"At this point, he will end up like Uraraka."

"No matter how skillful you are, he won't stand a chance against someone who's good with a flashy Quirk."

"He's not gonna do any good anymore." As the crowd kept on their comments, Y/n gritted his teeth as he grips on his sword, he lifts it up at his head and point at Bakugou.

"Alright. Enough." Y/n stated, sliding his weapon to his belt before he assumed into the Iaijutsu stance with his eyes close. Bakugou grinned at this and gets into position.