Chapter 10: At the Kaedehara Residence (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Tatsuya: I'm sure your friends also noticed it.

Tatsuya: And that will not go unnoticed to your mother and I. After all, you're our child.

I smiled at my dad.

Ryota: Thanks for the advice, dad. I'm just.......taking my time.

Tatsuya: Well, that's good. You're still probably in the healing process or probably, already done there.

Tatsuya: Don't be afraid. Open this.....

He pokes at my chest, specifically, where my heart is located.

Tatsuya: Also, your past with Yuki, leave it in the past.

Tatsuya: This is the present, Ryota. If you're thinking that it's probably going to end up like what happened back then........

Tatsuya: Let me tell you this. It's a different girl, means a different scenario, a different romance.

Ryota: A different romance.

Tatsuya: She said in her letter to find someone new, right?

Tatsuya: She knew for the fact that she'll be gone from this world. She also knew that you'll have a hard time moving on from her death, that's why she said those words.

Tatsuya: To find someone new.

Ryota: Find someone new............?

Tatsuya: Yep. Well, what do you think?

Ryota: ............ 

Ryota: Yeah. I think you're right.

Tatsuya: Well, take it one step at a time. Don't rush things and take your time.

Tatsuya: Don't think about the destination, but the journey itself.

Ryota: I'll keep that mind.

Then he grabs the tray, places the strawberry parfait, the churros and the chocolate dip on the tray.

Tatsuya: Now, go out there! We still have work to do!

Ryota: Yeah.

I took the tray.

Ryota: Thanks, Dad!

I continued my work and served her order. Then the flow of orders continued to the point that I have to help at the counter now.

Then, Tohma-senpai and Sora arrived as I heard the bell and the two of them stepped inside.

Ryota: Welcome to Kaede Cafè, how may we help you?

Tohma: Um, Kaedehara, it's just us.

Tatsuya: Um, yeah? What do you want?

Tohma: Huh!? What!?

Sora: Um, senpai. His family is here, so addressing him by his family name means calling them all.