Chapter 23- ♡Vacation!♡

( Riele's p.o.v )

Please Ri... stop shutting me out, he whispered barely audibly with hurt lacing is tone.

I shifted further into his warmth not wanting to let go anytime soon.

His scent lingered around me and in my nostrils comforting me like a plush pillow, i loved it...

This past month has been so hectic for me, things has been happening.. My Father's lawyer is back... I'm going to be turning twenty three soon. Which means the pressure is on for me...

I've never been one to not know what to do but with what is happening now.. I'm so confused.

Someone is really trying to ruin my companies reputation and it's really aggravating.

Few days ago...

I had just arrived at the office, there was a package in front of my door i asked Liza griffin who i have made my personal assistant since Mia Valshore won't be working with us for a number of months.

She's going to be a mother.

She had said she had no idea how it got here and no one saw a stranger enter the building which was weird because it couldn't have just appeared.

I picked it up and got into my office... I opened the box and inside there was another box, with a note on top that said;

To ease your stress.

I opened to smaller box to see it filled with some kind of white powder which i immediately recognised as cocaine... Gosh i nearly screamed.

There was suddenly police sirens everywhere and they rushed into my building... Heading straight for my office.

Whoever.. step that up needed a better plan.. or should have waited a while longer for me to throw the note into the trash because i was about to do so.

Calling the cops was pointless because i easily gave the package and note.. they recognised it as a set up and apologised before leaving but something kept telling me that was just the beginning...

Boy! Was i right!!

Riele... i think you should take a break, go somewhere, jace's suddenly interrupted.

Huh?? Like a vacation??... i said thoughtfully, was it a bright idea to go away now that someone is after my company's reputation.

Yeah... you've been working non stop you need it. He said pushing my hair out of my face.

Hmm.... it wouldn't hurt to just spend a few days away besides the person hasn't made another move yet, so maybe i should take the risk.

Okay... but you're coming with me! I said and his eyes widened.

N..no.. it- shut it jace.. you're not getting out of this one, i said playfully poking his jaw.

And he chuckled, I knew you wanted my company but to this extent?? Hmm shocking, he said.

Don't flatter yourself jace, I muttered trying to hide my blush, I don't even know why the heck am blushing... but i am.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer, wiping my tears with his thumb. Then the realisation hit me.

He had just seen me at my weakest point yet he didn't leave me... why??

Because everyone comes to a point in their life where they feel like they're really helpless and hopeless, meanwhile they're not, the weakness felt at that point in time is just the stress of the burden you've been carrying for a very long time on your own which means you aren't hopeless at that point.. you just need to rest your shoulders a little bit or find someone to share your burden with.