Chapter 15- ♡The Real You♡

(Riele's p.o.v)

I'm currently in my car right now, driving home from the police station. I can't believe it was my own sister that gave the police fake evidence to prove i was involved in the Dean's murder.

But I'm glad it's all been sorted out anyway... now she's the one who's in trouble for laying false accusations against me.

I'm so tired and just... not myself.. then my thoughts suddenly wondered to jace...

Why was i thinking about him??? ...no idea .. but i just began to think about him, he's perfect hair, those eyes, his perfect face, his smile, the way he talked...everything just popped into my mind and became my dominant thought.

I missed... No...no i don't, i don't miss him.. I don't. I don't even know him.
I just need to... I pushed the brakes immediately i drove by someone who looked exactly like jace.

I reversed and he stopped in his tracks, a confused look printed on his face.

Jace?? I said rolling down the window, Miss Downs?? He asked and blinked twice.

What are you doing here?? He asked and i shook my head, I should be asking you what you are doing outside in the middle of the night like this and it's so cold.

I spoke concerned and watched him shove a paper into his jacket pocket.

So, where are you off to?? I asked and he scratched the back of his head.

No where, he said and i frowned, okay?? So do you want me to drop you off then?

No uhh... i can't go home, why?? I asked confused at why someone would be avoiding his own home.

I..its complicated, he said and shoved his hands into his pockets.

Okay hop in, i said making him frown.

What? I'm taking you home with me since you can't go to your place, I said and he immediately began shaking his head.

No ma'am i can't let you do that, he said stepping back.

Okay then where you gonna stay tonight?? I asked and he looked down hopelessness written on his face.

Come on Jace, before i change my mind, I spoke my bossy attitude coming into play.

He nodded slowly and got in without uttering a word.

He seemed deep in thoughts through out the ride and it was killing me, I knew there was something wrong but i didn't know what.

I wanted to ask but i also didn't want him to think i cared.

Are you okay jace, it seems like you have something bothering you, i said softly taking glances at him, pushing my ego to the side.

He looked lost, confused and some other emotion I can't quite place my fingers on.

Jace!! I called out and he jumped.

Huh?!! What?!! He screamed looking around.

Did you even hear what I said?? I asked and he squinted his eyes.

Uhh yeah.. I.. it's nothing, he said and I turned back to the road deciding to mind my own business.

Why did i even care anyway?? He's just my driver afterall.

.............

(No one's p.o.v)

They had finally reached Riele's house, though jace being deep in thoughts was oblivious to that.

Jace, we're here get out of the car, Riele said as she parked in her garage.

He nodded slowly and got out, he's eyes scanning the environment like it was gonna swallow him anytime soon.