Part 32 : Summer 2019 - Theo's final summer 💔

"Theo... T, the doctors speaking to you." Zayn called, trying his best to snap the older lad out of his thoughts.

Theo had been out of it lately , tired , frustrated, emotional... he just wasn't himself. So Zayn took it upon himself to do something about it. He didn't want Theo waisting these last few months hating the world for what was happening to him. He wanted him to enjoy every last second he could.

"Sorry." Theo whispered , finally looking up towards Dr Alam.

"It's ok. It's a lot to take in I understand that, but Theo I think for your own sake, now is the time to stop treatment. You're only prolonging your suffering, the cancer is in your bones now." The Doctor said regretfully.

"S-so what? I just let my body give up?"

"Don't say it like that.." Zayn whimpered.
"Theo you know that's not how he meant it."

"But it's what he said , I'm right aren't i?" Theo directed towards the doctor.

"Theo, your body is tired... you've been fighting this for over a year, that's more than most people get."

Theo only whimpered shaking his head, his tears that had once been at bay finally released.
"B-but I - fuck sake." He sobbed.

"H-hey it's ok, we still have time." Zayn tried to sooth, his own tears pooling.

"T-time for what? For me to watch you and Harry have the life I wanted? Time to realise I never got to have a family? Time to realise my parents don't give a shit? This whole thing is a joke!" Theo protested.
"I deserve a chance to live the way I wanted to! Why don't I get that? There is evil people out there walking around free , living their best life. Meanwhile I've done everything i can to be a good person and this is what I get? Death?"

"So how long will he have once he stops treatment?" The younger lad spoke, trying his best not to show Theo how affected he was by his outburst.

The doctor sighed sadly.
"Looking at the scans.. I'm putting it at around eight to twelve weeks, if that." 

"T-two months?"

Theo only cried harder, his sobs showing just how broken the news had made him. No one deserved this feeling no one.

"S-so what do we do now?" Zayn croaked , hand clutching onto arm.

"All you can do is make sure you're as comfortable and happy as possible. When everything starts getting too much we will prescribe painkillers. Unfortunately there isn't much else I can do now in this situation, it's all up to you."

"F-fine if you think it's best then that's it, I'll end the treatment." Theo confirmed, the defeat clearly showing in his tone.

"Theo I don't want you to feel like this is you giving up, it's not! This is you making one of the hardest decisions a person could make, you're choosing to be brave and face death head on. No one can take that away from you." Dr Alam spoke sternly.
"I wish we could do more, I really do."

"Cancers a bitch." Zayn muttered, drawing a startled laugh from Theo.
"What? It is!"

"Y-yeah it is you're right."

"You're free to go, but please promise me you'll get in contact when it becomes to much? I don't think you realise how much you'll need us towards the end." The doctor insisted.

"I'll see you in eight weeks or less then."

"Hopefully longer."

———————————————————————————