Part 20 - Parenting: Its Time To Move On 👨‍👨‍👧

After his chat with Des, Harry spent weeks thinking about what exactly his father had meant by 'moving on' . Had he meant move on from Zayn but make sure he stuck by his daughter .. his family or had he meant move on from what had happened and live like he had full faith in their relationship when he didn't? Because to him it felt like he lost either way.

But he understood where his dad was coming from. If he didn't decide what he wanted to do then in the end Zayn would walk away, most likely taking Daislee with him because he was so hurt. All this back and forth wasn't healthy for either of them, poor Zayn didn't have a clue where they stood and he deserved answers now. It's been almost ten weeks since Daislee entered their world and that was more than enough time to make his mind up. Harry knew the longer he left it the more awkward things would get. He didn't like to think about that which is why he made his decision, why he was currently crying on his train ride back to Bradford, why his heart was breaking. Because he knew what he had to do.

This was best for both of them , for their family.  He had arranged for Niall and Liam to meet him half way at Manchester, finally give them the chance to meet their new niece. So as the train arrived at their station he made sure to wipe his tears and put on his mask. They didn't need to know what was running through his mind right now. Today was a special day for them and he wasn't about to ruin it.

"Haz!" Niall cheered rushing to sit in the seat opposite him. "How are ya?!"

"Im fine... Ni did you leave Li to get on by himself?" Harry laughed softly.

"Yep! I was too excited to wait around whilst he showed the tickets!" The Irish lad rambled.

"Poor lad, how he puts up with you I don't know."

"Oi! I'm a perfect boyfriend!"

Harry just hummed, smiling widely as he saw Liam finally push his way down the aisle.
"Hey Li!"

"Harold!" Liam chirped , happily taking his seat after he shoved his and Niall's bags below the table.
"What you two talking about?!"

"Just how you're a literally hero putting up with this shithead constantly!" Harry replied.

"Oh I know, I'm so not forgiving you for ditching me back there babe." Liam smirked towards Niall.

"Whyyyy! I was just excited to see ma' best mate! Let me off will ya!" Niall protested with a pout.

"Hmmm I'll see."

Harry chuckled at the pair , tears filling his eyes as he thought about the days he and Zayn would sit bantering between themselves. Not a single care in the world , how did it go so wrong?

"How's the baby? Spoke to Zayn yet?" His Irish mate quizzed snapping him out of his daze.

"She's good! Slept a whole hour extra to what she normally does so that's amazing and Zayn said she's started smiling properly this morning... like she knows he daddy is coming home." Harry sighed.

Liam frowned, reaching over to place his hand on top of Harry's. "You don't sound to happy about it all."

"M' not , I feel like I missed every single milestone apart from the day she was born and it's beyond shit mate. I just want to be with her all of the time and I don't get that, Zayn does but I don't! How is that fair?" He ranted.

"I'm sure Zayn hates you not being there H, I don't think he actually likes parenting alone, no one does!" Niall protested.

"I know that , it's just the nasty, bitter part of me thinks he loves getting her to himself like he had in the beginning of his pregnancy." Harry spoke shamefully. "How can I even think that?!"