Part 26 - Summer 2017 : Week 1-3 🐠

Daislee was wide awake , she had been for most of the night and Harry was absolutely exhausted. He had left Lennon in bed to sleep and made sure to avoid Zayn's room as much as possible. Their little girl seemed to be teething. Zayn never coped well seeing her in pain so he thought it would be best to leave him asleep too.

"Those nasty toothy pegs getting ya' down Princess?" He cooed , Daislee mumbling softly , cuddling against his chest.

It was six in the morning and he was bored out of his mind. All Daislee seemed to want to do is sit and cuddle now so he was losing the will to live.

"I'm sure Dede will be awake soon, maybe we can all go on a nice family walk huh? Does that sound nice?! We haven't been anywhere new yet!" 

Daislee perked up at the word 'Dede' her head lifting off his chest to look at him with a wide smile.
"Dede?"

"Yeah baby Dede, Lennon too!" Harry praised, adding in his girlfriends name in the hopes his daughter would recognise it.

Of course she did , the smile only doubled in size. Recently Lennon had became one of the little girls favourite people. Harry wasn't sure how Zayn felt about it but so far the other lad hadn't shown any true hatred towards the model so he didn't dare bring it up.  He knew how lucky he was to have Zayn in his life , to have someone who allowed him to stick around even after everything he did. Everything he continues to do... what Niall had said was right. He never should of gone at Zayn over going on one date only to go and date someone himself, it wasn't fair. He had given Zayn false hope and that was the one thing he had promised himself he wouldn't do.
The guilt he felt whenever he looked at the younger lad sometimes over powered the love he felt for Lennon and that scared him.

This girl was so perfect for him, she was kind , beautiful, determined , ambitious , she loved him , she loved his daughter... yet part of him still couldn't see a future with her. Don't get you wrong , he loved her , he loved her a lot ... but he wasn't in love with her. He knew what being in love felt like , this wasn't it , this wasn't what in love was.

This was being in love with the idea of being in love.

"H-Haz?" A voice croaked , snapping his out of his inner turmoil.

"Sugar! Sorry Z, you scared the crap out of me." Harry gasped , sitting up.

Daislee frowned at the movement, pushing at his chest in order to get down from his lap. Her eyes looking around for her younger father who had interrupted their much needed cuddles.

"It's ok, I woke up for a wee and heard you two." Zayn shrugged , walking over to scoop Daislee into his arms. "Hi baby, I missed your snuggles last night."

"Yeah she's been awake most of the night, think she's teething but didn't want to wake you up."

"Oh my poor baby, did daddy take good care of you?! He did?! That's good."

"I did and I promised her a nice family walk.. me you, Lennon." Harry smiled .

Zayn paused slightly at the word Lennon. He forgets sometimes that their family was changing. It wasn't just the three of them anymore.
"Erm I guess so yeah.. I'm taking her swimming this morning though."

"This afternoon then?"

"Yeah ok, that sounds good. Niall and Perrie are coming swimming with us , the others are going on the paddle boats if you and Lennon want to join."

"Oh! Perfect , for now though.. how does scrambled eggs on toast sound?!" Harry cheered , stroking Daislee's cheek.

"It's six in the morning H, bit early to eat." The younger lad stated.