Part 12 - Pregnancy : Week 32-35 👶🏻

So in the end Harry headed out to the Malik's earlier than he was supposed to. He decided what he wanted was to speak to Zayn before their parents had the chance to question them. They needed to know where things stood between the two of them. Even if he felt like his heart was about to fall out of his arse as Zayn slowly opened the door. The pregnant lad looked absolutely awful. Bags under his eyes, hair a mess, patchy skin all over his face as though he'd been crying for days. It broke Harry's heart to see him like this.

"Hi." He smiled sadly , watching as the younger boy swallowed and tried to smile,

"H-hey Haz." Zayn croaked, slowly stepping away from the door to allow him in.
"Mum and Eric are still shopping.. so no ones here yet you know?"

"Erm yeah, I was kind of hoping that'd be the case." Harry told him.

Zayn raised his eyebrows, before slowly shaking his head in confusion. "Oh right."

"How are you feeling?." He asked deciding to change the subject for now.

"M' exhausted... been having those stupid Braxton hicks contractions. Still havin' then right now to be honest."

"Are they that painful?"

Zayn snorted , taking in a shaky breath.
"Yeah, they kill. Makes me scared for the actual thing because honestly I don't think I'm going to handle it all that well."

Harry softened at that, you could literally hear the fear in the younger boys voice.
"Oh Z." He cooed , pulling the boy in for a hug.

All of the awkwardness just disappeared. He was still Zayn's best friend. Always would be no matter what.

"H-hurts so bad." Zayn couldn't help but whimper , clutching onto the back of Harry's coat.

"So it's still hurting now?" Harry quizzed in concern.

"It's easing off slightly because I've drank some water.. but yeah. Bump is rock solid as well."

"Does your mum know?"

"N-no I-erm I just kept quite... rang Bella - my midwife, she told me unless they become regular or my water breaks then there is nothing to worry about so."

Just as he spoke Harry felt him tense up, a pained gasp leaving his mouth as he pulled away to press his hands to his back.

"They affecting your back?" The older boy quickly asked , the younger boy nodding.

"S-shit yeah... she's back to back so her spine is right against mine, makes everything harder." Zayn whimpered.

Harry cringed in sympathy, moving to rub soothing circles into the tense muscles. Feeling how tight Zayn's body was under his finger tips.
"M' sorry you have to do all this..."

"Don't be, I sort of deserve it in a way."

"No you don't , sure I'm still hurt about what you did and I'm no where near forgiving you ... but Z, you're my best friend. I can't bare seeing you struggle so please don't torture yourself. Speak to your mum or even better come to Louis' speak to me. Let me help." Harry assured.

"S-so we're ok? I mean not ok- but ok?" The younger choked out.

"Yeah... I guess we're ok. I don't know whether or not we'll ever be back together but , friendship is something I'm willing to keep."

"Y-yeah me too." Zayn sniffled , sighing in relief as the pain left his body. "Should ease off now."

"Ok good. She is moving and stuff right?"

"Yeah she is don't worry." Zayn smiled gently , grabbing his hand to place in on his bump.
"If you speak to her she'll move."

"Really?!" Harry asked in awe , bending down so he could face the small bump. "You're so small."