50

I reached out and tried to touch Kiki, but didn't feel her. Reluctantly, I opened my eyes and saw the bed empty. I sighed and pushed the covers off, but had to grab them again since I began shivering. Why's it so cold in here? It took me a while to get from under the covers.

I had goosebumps littered across my body. I hopped in the shower and made sure the water was insanely hot. I was shocked that I was still freezing cold. I wrapped my naked body in a towel and dressed in joggers and a long sleeve shirt. I'm surprised Kiki had this place fully stocked with clothes, unless... she comes here a lot.

I went to the living room to see Erana and Kiki. I asked what they wanted for breakfast. Erana was the only one who accepted breakfast since Kiki wanted to know why I was freezing. I glanced and saw it was really warm in here, so my coldness was a mystery.

It confused me why Kiki always assumed that Jer and I were dating. He was just my best friend, but that doesn't mean we like each other that way. Sure we almost kissed once, but that was by accident... right? I realized Kiki was staring as I ate my food. I blushed under the intensity of her gaze.

"Stop." I hid my face from her.

"When you're that stunning, how could I not? I've truly seen the eighth wonder of the world." I blushed even deeper at the compliment. I gathered every ounce of confidence in my body and turned to her.

"Why don't you utilize your confidence and kiss me." I had to focus so my voice wouldn't waver.

"You know why." She moved close to me. We were so close that our lips were practically touching, but Kiki refused to close the distance. "And you are extremely tempting. You test my self control." She sadly smiled and backed away.

I don't know what overtook me, but I touched her cheek and forced her to face me. I then leaned in and attached my lips to hers. Kiki sighed into the kiss and tightly held me. I smiled and swung my arms around her neck. Kiki took over dominating the kiss, leaving me lightheaded and freezing and nauseous-

"Kiki..." I started to feel unwell.

"Yes?" She kissed me again.

"I-I don't fe-feel... Kiki..."

Then, everything went dark. I could hear Kiki screaming at me in the distance, but I was falling deeper and deeper from her.

When I finally woke up, my surroundings looked weird. Everything was dull and had a grayish hue. I was on a grassy hill, so I started to walk down. I gasped at seeing my German home in front of me. I turned around to run away, but I saw demons darting towards me. I immediately turned and ran towards the house.

The demons were closing in on me, but I somehow reached the house. I slammed the door shut and backed away from the pounding on the door. I nearly tripped, but grabbed onto the banister. I heard German folk music playing from the living room. I really didn't want to go there, but it was then only lit room.

I gulped and cautiously approached the room. My breath hitched at seeing my father read the paper and hum along to the music. My mother was seated on the couch as she knit a sweater. They noticed me and beckoned me over with plastered smiles. I started to feel like I was in Coraline in the alternate reality.

I slowly walked towards my parents. My mom pat the spot next to her, so I sat down. The moment I sat down, my father stood and sat on the other side of me so I'd be trapped in between them.

"Hello, our sweet daughter. How are you?" My mother smiled wider than I thought possible.

"You've been gone so long... we thought you were dead." My father smiled as well. "Now that you're here, we can be one big happy family."