39

I woke up on Kiki's chest. Her fingers were still softly caressing my head. I looked up and saw her smiling down at me. When our eyes connected, she quickly looked up. I smiled as I saw a blush coating her cheeks. I perched my head up and saw that it was light out. I must've slept until the early morning. I was about to ask how long I slept for, but I heard footsteps approaching. I panicked since I knew Mama would beat me if she saw Kiki in here with me.

"Ki-" She pressed a finger to my lips.

Kiki winked and placed a light kiss to my forehead. I'm sure my entire face was red from the physical touch. My eyes then widened when the door was flung open. I was waiting for the yelling, but it never came. Mama walked in and looked around. She looked at me and then ran her eyes around the room.

"Where is that girl?!" She hissed her teeth and then left, slamming the door behind her.

"What happened?" I whispered to Kiki.

"I made us invisible." She whispered back and kissed my nose. We both froze when she did that. Both of us were blushing and stuttering over what to say.

"Kiki, I-"

"Kikimora."

We turned to see a millennial looking woman appear. Her dark hair was pulled back in a tight bun. Her robes were satin green and made her look expensive. Kiki quickly sat up and pushed me behind her. The two stared at each other, but I could see Kiki becoming angrier by the second.

"I come bearing somber news." Kiki and I looked at each other in confusion. "Chloe has been shot... killed." Kiki's eyes widened. "It seems that Michael had stabbed her. Your father ascended into heaven to bring her-"

"He'll die." Kiki stood from the bed. "He's banished from there and going back will instantly kill him." She slowly walked towards the woman.

"I know." The woman stated. "Amenadiel couldn't stop another celestial being, so-"

"But I could." The woman looked away. "If I were there, I-I could've saved her. Couldn't I have?" She grabbed the woman, who sighed. "Answer me! I could've saved her, right?!"

"Yes." The woman shortly replied. "Kiki-"

"It's my fault she's dead." Kiki took a step backwards. "And that father will die." She ran a hand through her hair. "I should've fought alongside them... he asked and I-I declined." She covered her face with her hands.

"This is all my fault." I whispered, causing them to look at me. "You asked to go and I-I told you no. I guilt tripped you and-"

"It's not your fault." Kiki sped to me and wrapped her arms around me. "Do not blame yourself." She gave me a sad smile.

"I'm so sorry." I cried into her. "I'm so, so sorry."

"I am not upset with you." She kissed my head. "I'll figure something out. I always do." I could see the other woman trying to slip away. "Gello." The woman halted. I guess that's her name. "Why did you come?" That was rude, Kiki. She wanted to-

"You deserved to know what happened." She stated.

"And how did you know what happened?" Kiki questioned.

"Demons were requested to fight by your father's side and-"

"How did you know that?" Her arms tightened around me in a protective manner. "You were supposed to stay on the palace grounds, not intermingle with lower demons... lower demons were the ones contacted to help fight." Her eyes hardened. "Have you been traveling to the human realm often?" Gello gulped under Kiki's gaze. "Answer!"