"so you're making friends then?" vinnie

"not really still... she said she doesn't want to be friends" my face falls at his words.

"she wants to be more than friends, she said. how do you be more than friends?" i laugh at his cluelessness

"i think she likes you, logan" vinnie turns to face him with a smile on his face, and i swat at his arm to keep his eyes on the road.

"she does? why?"

"because you're a perfect little boy that does everything his mother says. like putting on his seatbelt!" i reach behind me to lock it in a place, watching as he groans.

"but it's uncomfortable!" i tickle his sides, watching loud laughter erupt from his mouth.

"well you're just gonna have to suck it up mister!"

-

"nana!" the little boy runs over to vinnie's mom, crashing himself into her legs as she leans down to pick him up and engulf him in a hug.

"i missed you, love" she mumbles against a kiss to his forehead, cupping his small face.

"how come you aren't in school, logan?" she questions, and he looks at vinnie in anticipation, clearly not wanting to tell her why.

"ohh they finished early today" vinnie hugs his mother, then i do.

"y/n! it's been a while" the loving smile on her face widens as she puts logan down.

"so, how about we bake some cookies, i found a new recipe on the internet today!"

"y-yeah!

"sorry" his widened smile falls a little, and maria's face softens.

"no need to apologise, kiddo" she reaches out for his hand, leading them both into the kitchen.

vinnie's eyes meet mine, and he walks over to me, arms snaking around my waist.

his hands rub over my back soothingly, pulling me into him and dipping my head into his neck.

"i love you" vinnie whispers into my hair, pressing small and gentle kisses to my neck.

"i love you too, vin" he wastes no time to connect our lips.

"hey! there's no kissing in this house!" logan stumbles in, his nose dabbed in some flour.

vinnie lets out a hearty laugh, scooping logan into his arms.

"you need a haircut, dude" he hides his face in his neck, fumbling with the chains on vinnie's chest.

"i can do it!" i interrupt, meeting them in the middle of the living room.

"last time you did it you nearly chopped half his hair off, i think i'll do it" vinnie replies, letting logan down and run free.

-

"okay bud, you gotta be strong for me okay? it's only a few hours, you'll be back home in no time. fight back, yeah?" logan nods as vinnie
looks up at him. little boys and girls pass by with their parents and i watch as logan glances at the gates nervously.

"i love you, you know that?" vinnie says, messing his hair up a bit.

"i love you t-too" he smiles, releasing his hands and walking away slowly.

as he enters the gatesanother little girl walks up to logan, waving frantically with big smile on her face.

"he's gonna be okay, right?"

"yes baby, of course" vinnie squeezes my hand tightly in his, lifting both of them up to his lips to kiss the back of mine.

-

"i did it dad!" logan happily skips out of the gates, bloodied hands and a few scratches on his face.

"what happened?" i question, leaning down to examine him.

"i fought back, like daddy said" logan furrows his brows, looking up at me.

"he didn't mean it literally logan! you can't go around punching people!" my voice raises, resulting in a few stares from other families.

"he punched me f-first!"

"what? who punched you logan?"

"promise me you won't say anything mommy" logan glances between the both of us.

"you know i can't promise that logan. please tell me?"

"we have to talk to the teachers about this, i won't have anyone punching you" vinnie says.

"p-please!" tears gather in the corners of his eyes, and i realise that i've had enough.

-

"calm down, ma'am. unfortunately we can't do anything, you'll have to speak to the parents of the kids"

"calm down? are you serious? this is supposed to be a safe, calm school community, is it not? children are continuing to hurt my child, i'm not just going to let that slide"

logan's cheeks are a very deep red, and his head is lowered and fingers are played with in his lap.

"please calm down, mrs hacker!" the headmaster yells, i can practically see the smoke fuming out of her ears.

"with all due respect, ma'am, you're seriously going to allow children to bully each other? is that the kind of environment you'd like your students to 'learn' in? my son is not different from anyone else, yet he gets treated different and attacked. personally, i think you'd better educate your kids properly on how to be nice to each other. let's go, logan" i grab his hand, storming out of the wretched school.

i feel bad for embarrassing him, but what i said needed to be said.

"well, how'd it go? i buckle logan in, then sitting in the front of the car with vinnie.

"mommy yelled at the headmaster" logan giggles, and vinnie gasps playfully.

"you're changing schools, logan" i mutter. he shakes his head frantically.

"no! no! i can't leave ava!" he protests, crossing his arms over his chests.

"ava?" i furrow my brows, and vinnie's eyes widen.

"she's my girlfriend!"

-

bro why is this like the longest chapter i've ever written
but i hope you liked it!