44. Forever pt. 3

Elza's POV

I had no idea when my life became such a waiting game but here I was, once again waiting for Daniel to come home. It had been the longest five days without seeing him and without being able to talk with him. The fact that he left on Sunday without us being able to talk things trough would have normally pissed me off more than anything but he left for his bachelor party getaway so I couldn't be mad about that. And what made it even worse for me, was the fact that I only had Lewis and Angela to talk with and once again I felt like I had told Lewis too much. Of course I could have called my mom or the girls and pour out all my emotions to them but the thing was, there's some serious wedding planning going on in Munich and I wasn't going to make them worry. I was sitting in our living room, waiting for the front door to open, anxiously shaking my leg. The clock on the wall hit 5:40 pm when I heard the door quietly opening. I jumped up from the couch and basically ran to the hallway. 

"Hey," I heard Daniel say before I had the chance. 

"Hi," I answered but it came out almost as a whisper. Daniel dropped his bag to the floor and threw his cap to the table. 

"Am I still welcomed here?" he asked and the smallest smile I had on my lips completely dropped. 

"What are you talking about? Of course you are, this is your home," I told him and walked right in front of him. "Here let me take your bag," I said and started to bend down but I felt Daniel's hand grabbing my arm and yanking me back up. 

"Don't, you don't have to do that," he said and tightened his grip as to make sure I listened to him.

"Oh, okay," this time I really was whispering. I felt Daniel's free hand touch my jaw and then my cheek. His thumb caressed my cheekbone and I gently leaned into his touch. 

"I missed you Elza," he said before wrapping me tightly into his arms and pulling me against his chest. 

"I missed you so much Daniel. I'm sorry I made you mad, I didn't want to and I hope it didn't ruin your bachelor party-," I started to blabber until Daniel's hand gently tugged my hair and removed my face from his chest. 

"Don't. Don't apologize," he said firmly and I nodded because I suddenly couldn't really find my voice anymore. "However, we do need to talk." Oh no.

"I know, but-," I started to back up to the kitchen, taking Daniel's hands in mine and dragging him with me. "But can we eat first? I made some spinach lasagna, I thought maybe you'd be hungry and, well I had nothing better to do so-," I continued in a hurried voice because as much as I had wanted to talk with Daniel, suddenly I really wasn't sure anymore because I didn't want to start another argument. I gasped when Daniel pulled me quickly back closer to his body and my hands landed on his chest to steady myself. Before I was able to say anything, his lips found mine. I wrapped my hands quickly around his neck and pressed my body against his. I heard myself let out a small moan when I felt Daniel's fingers run trough my loose curls, it just felt so good. I wanted to pull him even closer. Or better yet, push him to our bedroom, but just as I was about to make my move, I felt Daniel pulling away and cupping my face between his hands. "Don't pull away," I tried to stop him, tugging his t-shirt. 

"I don't want to but we need to talk. We can't go on like this anymore," he said softly, still holding my gaze, not letting me turn away. "Have you been eating?" Daniel had this annoying way to spot with just one look after being away from me if I've been eating or not. I usually did, but whenever there was something going on between the two of us, I lost my appetite immediately. 

"I've been trying but I haven't really been hungry," I admitted because there was no use in lying. I had probably lost 4 kilos in only five days.