10. Show Me Your Monaco

Elza's POV

I opened my eyes and looked around trying to remember where I was. Right, still in Monaco. In Daniel's home. In Daniel's bed. 

"Hey sleepyhead, good morning." He was awake already. I turned on my left side and there he was, staring at me with a sleepy smile on his face. 

"Good morning." I felt like I should pinch myself just in case. Though if this was a dream I wasn't sure if I wanted to wake up from it. "How long have you been awake?" How long have you been staring at me...?

"Not too long, it's only eight thirty." Daniel moved his arm to rest on my cheek and caressed it. I closed my eyes again and just laid there. Trying to understand what was going on and enjoy the moment, enjoy his touch. My ex used to do this when we first started dating but it didn't last very long. We were together for almost five years but the romantic feelings died a long time before we made the decision to finally go our separate ways. I remember my parents and closest friends telling me how they felt sorry for me that I had stayed in a relationship where I didn't get the love I deserved. Or needed. Back then I didn't realize that. People would often think when they first got to know me that I didn't need that much affection or they thought that I was cold and liked to be on my own but they were wrong. I was independent, that was a fact but once I let someone in, I was also all in. Mentally and physically. I felt Daniel moving closer to me and his leg pushed between my thighs. I opened my eyes. There wasn't any space left between us anymore.

"Did you sleep well?" His voice was bit hoarse. 

"I did... Did you?"

"I don't think I've slept this well in a while." He was still caressing my cheek and my hair. I knew I didn't have to do anything but I wanted to give him some assurance that I wasn't going to run away. At least not right now. So I balanced myself on the bed so I could turn my body partly on top of him. I think Daniel looked a little bit surprised from my sudden movement but he quickly reacted and took a hold of my waist to keep me from collapsing completely on top of him. I moved my hair out of my face and leaned down to meet his lips slowly. I started to move my lips gently against his, like testing the water. I felt Daniel tightening his grip on my waist but he didn't kiss me back immediately. I lifted my hand so I could touch his hair. I added some pressure wanting him to respond. 

"What's wrong?" I opened my eyes and looked down to him. I was now almost completely on top of him. So what now... I finally make a move myself and now he doesn't want it. 

"Nothing, I was just... enjoying you making the first move." His serious face changed into a devilish one. I showed him my tongue playfully and then I felt his hand on my hair pulling me back to where my lips had just seconds ago been. I felt flutters throughout my body when his other hand moved under my t-shirt. His tongue touched my lips and I gladly let him in. I pushed my waist up against Daniel's and moved my hands on each side of his head to keep me steady. His lips were soft but still firm. I started to feel warm and I touched Daniel's rib cage to caress it. I could feel Daniel smirking against my lips and grabbing my hand stopping me. I pulled away.

"You know as much as I would like to continue this... If we go on much longer I won't be able to stop." I already felt him harden underneath me and I knew he meant what he said. I collapsed on top of him and let my face bury to his neck. He tied his arms fully around my back and laughed. 

"I'm sorry," I mumbled into his neck. 

"Stop apologizing." He flipped me around on my back next to him and looked down at me. I laughed together with him and tried to cover my face. I was hopeless, even I started to see it now. Daniel took a hold of my hands so I couldn't hide my face and gave me a quick kiss on the lips.