33 - Need

~ Attitude - Trey Songz ~
❤︎❤︎❤︎

It's not a desire, it's a necessity I can't live without -Elijah Chambers

"His parents' living room?!" Ebony blurts out. I smack my hand over her mouth.

"Shhh." Even if we are in my dorm room alone, I don't need anyone in the halls to hear her. "Yes. On the couch. And it was worth it," I admit.

She starts laughing. "How many times have you done it on a bed with him?" She asks.

"Once," I confess. Her eyes widened. "No two." If you count the hotel room.

"Out of..." she trails off.

"You mean sex or like everything?" I ask while waving two fingers in the air.

"Everything," she says slowly.

Before I can answer, my door opens. We look back to see Ashlyn walking in. With Owen.

Mood killers.

Ebony rolls her eyes. "Hey River. What're you doing tonight?" Owen asks. This time, I roll my eyes. He can never take a hint.

"Nothing that has to do with you. I have a class." Ebony and I stand up and grab our bags. Before I can leave Owen seizes my wrist turning me back around.

He smirks. "My place. You and me tonight. Netflix and Chill," he says. I push him off of me before walking out the door Ebony's held open.

"Urgh! I can't stand assholes like that," I groan annoyed.

"Me too. Shouldn't have kissed him," Ebony teases as we march down the stairs.

I laugh, shaking my head. I hold open the door for her and we walk outside. "I know. Biggest regret of the year." We begin walking to her car.

"I've got class. I'll see you later," I smile.

"You sure you don't want a ride?" She asks.

I shake my head. "Nope. It's a beautiful day!" I shout as I twirl. It's hot out today.

❤︎

As soon as I walk out of my class I see Eli leaning against the wall on his phone. "Eli what are you doing here?" I ask, approaching him.

He slides his phone in his front pocket and smiles at me. I can't help but smile back. Every damn time.

"I want to take you out," he confesses. "Let me take you on a date." I stare at him for a few seconds wondering if he's serious. And he is.

"No." I turn around and begin walking.

I hear him laugh as he catches up with me. "What do you mean no? River, I thought this was going well. We were going good," he says as we walk outside.

I nod. "And we are. So why complicate things," I ask. It's easier to just be friends with Eli. Or whatever we currently are.

He scoffs and wraps his hand around my wrist restricting me from moving any more. I turn to face him. "Are you serious right now? Complicate things? Riv, I'm asking to take you out on a date. Not to take my hand in marriage or fight in war," he jokes.

I shrug, "And I know that. But it's going well right now. Let's leave it at that." I continue walking towards my dorm.

"Riv, I want more. Is that too much to ask of you?!" His voice gradually gets louder by each word.

"Yeah, yeah it is," I declare. He follows me as I reach my dorm. I let him in, knowing he wants to talk.

"Riv, I don't understand. Are you playing me?" He asks. His arms flared out by his side.