26 - Missing

~ If We Can Get Through This We Can Get Through Anything - James Arthur ~
❤︎❤︎❤︎

Let me be your dirty little secret
-River Mitchell

I haven't seen Eli in two weeks. Our schedules just don't seem to match up. He's been busy with football and I've been drowning in work. It's exam season.

But he's been texting me every chance he gets. Asking me how I am, telling me goodnight and good morning. Even if it's at 5 in the morning before he has training or 2am right before he falls asleep. I text him back when I can even if it's during class or while I'm studying.

We haven't really had time to call either but if there's one thing he loves doing, it's sending me dirty text messages. Especially when I'm not alone. I can't even repeat the words he said out loud because that's how dirty they are.

"If you don't stop texting your Boy-toy and get dressed," Ebony whines.

I look up at her from my bed. "I was just asking if he's going to the party tonight. That's all," I mumble. Tonight is their big game and they're having a party at Jordan's afterwards. Doesn't matter if they win or lose.

Ebony throws a dark green jersey and throws it at my face. While I was in class Eli dropped off his football jersey from last year. It's the same design and everything with his last name CHAMBERS sprawled across the back

I throw off my current shirt and slide it on. "Happy?" I ask. She laughs, throwing a small compact at me.

I open it up, revealing. black face paint. "Hell no," I mutter.

"It's for team support. Woo," she pumps her fist in the air.

I throw her back the paint. She crawls over to me and holds me down. I laugh struggling to push her away. She's freakishly strong. She runs her finger in the paint before painting to black streaks across the top of my cheeks.

She giggles at her accomplishment and crawls off me. "Now, let's go. I want good seats," she says. She's dressed in a green hoodie and black jeans.

❤︎

"Remind me why I wore shorts again," I mutter as we wait for the team to come out. It's pretty humid outside but every few seconds there's a light breeze.

Ebony laughs. "Don't worry, it'll be fine. As soon as you see your bae, you'll warm up." She nudges my shoulder and I roll my eyes.

Finally, our team, Ridgeview Green Goblins, came running out. I still can't believe that's their team name.

I immediately spot Eli, #21. His eyes scan the crowd until they land on me and he smiles. I give him a small wave and he winks before being playfully shoved by his teammate. Coach shouts at them and they all approach him.

"O-M-G! Did you just see that? Eli Chambers winked at me!" I look over my shoulder to see a light brown haired girl gushing to her friends.

Ebony and I share a glance before leaning into each other as we laugh. The game starts and the other team is really good.

Ebony left to go to the bathroom since It's half time. Our team is down by a few points. I can see how stressed our team is from here. Especially Eli, he's been training for this really hard the past two weeks. Longer if you count before.

I watch as he runs his hands through his hair, pulling at the ends out of stress. He rubs his hands down his face and picks up his water, spurting it into his mouth. Jordan pats his back as he takes a seat next to him.