13 - Dress

~ Or Nah - The Weeknd - Ty Dolla $ign - Wiz Khalifa ~
❤︎❤︎❤︎

The deeper I dive, I realize the shallowness is what causes me to strive.
Head first in the the deep end, I promise you'll survive -Elijah Chambers

"Marcus hurry up! We have class!" Ebony shouts. I keep a smile on my face letting Marcus take pictures of us.

He kneels down getting the perfect shots. "Just a few more," he mutters. He bought us dresses for this occasion. He's doing a project for his photography class and needed models. "Twirl!" Marcus waves his fingers around in a circle.

Ebony and I twirl. The skirt of my black dress lifts, flowing in the wind. "Okay done!" Marcus stands back up and runs over to us. Ebony and I grab our bags.

I take my phone out of my bra to check the time. "Shit? I'm late." I curse. "See you later!" I shout running off. I don't even have time to change.

Class was long and boring. I got a few weird stares. Probably because everyone is wearing a short black dress while everyone is in sweats or casual clothing.

But fuck it right.

I place books in my bag before walking out. I have a five page essay due tomorrow. I've done 3 pages. I put in my ear buds and begin walking to the library. They have private study rooms students can work in.

I flinch when a pair of hands wrap around my waist. My earbuds fall out and I steady myself. "Someone's jittery," Eli whispers.

I smack his arms off me. "Eli! You scared the shit out of me!" I relax my breathing knowing I'm safe.

"You shouldn't walk with earbuds in. Safety hazard," he banters. He follows next to me in my footsteps as we walk.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

He shrugs, shoving his hands in his pocket. "Wherever you're going," he says. I shake my head.

"I have 2 pages left of my essay. You can't come." All he'll do is distract me. That's the last thing I need right now.

He follows nonetheless. I sigh, entering the library and heading to the front desk. "Can I get a key to a study room?" I ask. The librarian places down a key and a clipboard in front of me.

I write my name signing the room down for an hour. They have us sign out because in the past there's been vandalism and messes left behind.

I smile while taking the key before walking to the second floor. And guess who's by the door. "Eli, I'm seriousss," I drawl as I unlock the small study room. He follows me inside.

It's a tiny room. A desk and two chairs. No window but bright lights. "I'll help you. What's it on?" He asks. He takes a seat on top of the desk.

I sit down on a chair and reach into my bag. "Crime and Punishment. I don't need help, I just need no distractions," I tell him. He crosses his legs and leans his back against the wall.

"I've read it four times. Ask if you need help," he says. He closes his eyes and leans his head back against the wall.

I take my laptop, book and notes out of my bag and begin working. "Why'd you read it four times?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"Enjoyment. I loved reading about how Rodion went crazy after murdering two people. Of course he was in the wrong but the guilt got to him, the form it took, the sickness, paranoia, everything." He keeps his eyes closed as he speaks. "What about you?"

"I'm Rodion," I confess as I type.

Eli's eyes open as he stares at me. "You've killed two people?" He asks.