8 - Distraction

~ Don't Tell 'Em - Jeremih - YG ~
❤︎❤︎❤︎

The existence of Lust is endless, but Love, it's paradoxical, it's non-existent
-River Mitchell

"Come on, come on, come on," I mumble as the page loads.

"You did go. I'm sure of it," Ebony says.

The webpage finally loads and my grade pops up. 92%! "Yes!" I shout. I receive weird looks from the class. "Sorry," I whisper.

The professor shakes his head and goes on with his lesson. Ebony looks over my shoulder at my phone. "That's probably the highest grade he's ever given in his fifty years of teaching," she exaggerates. I laugh and begin packing up my stuff.

"I got an 83 and I'm happy with that," she says. I smile. The professor dismisses us and we are the first ones out the door.

"Marcus and I are thinking about going bowling tonight. You want to come?" Ebony asks. We walk down the hallway.

"Sure. I can't hangout right now. I'm going to the library," I inform.

"But darling I brought my camera." I turn around to see Marcus approaching us. His camera dangling around his neck.

I reach out to wipe the blue paint off his face with my thumb. "How do you always have paint all over yourself," I jest, pulling away.

He shrugs. "It's not painting unless you get dirty. I want coffee, at least come with us for that," he pleads. I agree.

We walk into the café and I stick with an ice coffee and brownie. Once they hand me my order I tell Marcus and Ebony goodbye. I leave and begin walking to the library.

I haven't been there yet, which is surprising for me. I love spending time at the library. Perfect place to read and write quietly without distractions.

The library is three floors and I head straight to the top. It may be the biggest library I've ever been in. I walk around looking for a good spot to sit.

I notice two bookshelves forming a triangle shape against the wall. But a space to enter in between the tips is small enough for a person to enter. I squeeze through the space to see a window seat.

Perfect.

I sit down leaning my back against the side of the wall and spread my legs out. I tilt my head to get a good view outside the window. I hit shuffle on my playlist before putting in my earbuds. I eat my brownie and drink my ice coffee as I watch people play in the field and walk down the paths.

I look around from my spot in the window until something stops my eye. A familiar book. I reach over and grab it before getting comfortable again.

Blood Runs Deep written by Trigger.

I flip through the pages to see markings and highlights. One stands out more than others.

I Miss You Everyday, I'm Sorry
Have fun partying with the Angel while I'm forced to party with the Devil

My eyes read over the words multiple times. It's written on the page rather than a printed poem in the book.

"I see you found my secret spot."

I snap the book close and look over to Eli sliding through the small gap of the bookshelves. "What do you mean your spot?" I ask as he approaches me.

"Who do you think pushed the bookshelves together till they formed a small room? The librarian is too old to push it back to normal so she left it," he explains. I cross my legs as he takes a seat in front of me.