122. Twoset Firefighters VIII / Competitors VI Mashup III

Start from the beginning

"Okay. We'll start as soon as you get back, Eddy."

Instructor Eddy ducked out of the gymnasium and looked around for the water bubbler. He saw the fireman that looked like Brett having a drink at the water bubbler. He walked up to him.

"Hey, Brett, right?"

Firefighter looked up from the bubbler and when he saw Eddy, he spat out a mouthful of water and had a coughing fit.

"OMG"

"OMG sorry, I didn't mean to startle you... Are you okay?"

"Um.. yeah, sorry. Geez you look so much like my colleague.. I don't think I could tell you guys apart if it wasn't for your martial arts uniform."

"Yeah? I also thought you look an awful lot like my... um.. martial arts partner too."

"And your name is Eddy, too, right?"

"Yeah. How strange..."

"I'll tell you what's strange.. this isn't the first time my colleague and I have met doppelgangers as a set of Brett and Eddy"

"Really !?!? Wow now that's bizarre."

"So.. Eddy, are you two together as well?"

Instructor Eddy was caught off guard completely, he instantly went red like a beetroot.

"WHAT!?"

"Oh, so you guys aren't."

"N.. no, we aren't.... OMG.. But, um.. that's nice that you guys are..."

"Huh?"

Instructor Eddy gave a shy smile.

"No wonder.. I saw you guys talking to each other before.. you guys look sweet together... I'm ... envious."

"Huh?"

"Hey, we better get back, hey? See ya inside."

Instructor Eddy left Firefighter Brett at the water bubbler and started walking back towards the gymnasium.

It took another good 2 seconds before it finally hit Firefighter Brett.

OH NO, NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I meant whether they were together like the zookeeper and concertmaster!!! NOT US!!!!!!!!!!!

"No...!! Eddy..!! Wait..!!!"

Firefighter Brett sprinted after Instructor Eddy and in the heat of the moment, with all the nerves and turmoil and blushing and everything else, in haste, he tried to grab Instructor Eddy's wrist from behind. Well, at least he tried to...

Firefighter Brett had no idea how it occurred but his hand was flicked away, way before Instructor Eddy turned around and looked at Firefighter Brett sternly. It all happened in an instant though. The next moment Instructor Eddy looked surprised with what he had done.

"OMG Brett, I'm sorry. It's a reflex.. did I hurt you?"

"OMG.. n... no Eddy, I'm fine. And I'm sorry, it was rude of me to try to grab you like that.. I think I got you mixed up with my colleague Eddy."

Eddy chuckled.

"You can't tell us apart?"

"No... as in, yes, I can, but.. I wanted to tell you that Eddy and I.. we aren't together."

"Oh."

"Yeah, um the other Brett and Eddy I met... one worked at the zoo and the other was a musician.. they're the ones that are a couple."

"O..kay...?"

"..and... and I was really envious of them, too... The other Brett assured me that if we're anything like our doppelgangers, we're all meant to be crazy about each other like them."

Instructor Eddy blushed.

"Uhuh..."

"Um... look, knowing that you like Brett.. your martial arts partner.. gives me hope. I'm crazy about my colleague, too.. I just wanted to tell you that."

Instructor Eddy smiled.

"...thanks Brett. That was really nice of you to tell me that."

Firefighter Brett smiled back.

"Eddy!?!?!?!?"

Instructor Eddy ducked his head as he recoiled in horror.

"Sh*t.. that's my Brett, wasn't it? Um I mean.. you know what I meant.. "

Firefighter Brett grinned.

"Yeah I know what you meant.  I suppose we better hurry back...!!!"