"I haven't seen him," Genya mumbled. Liliya chuckled and opened her eyes briefly to meet Genya's gaze.

"You have," Liliya argued. Genya shook her head and turned her face away. Her gaze fixed on the open curtains with a view of the Little Palace's grounds, "I saw you sat with him in the workshop when I ran by with Alina. What were you talking about?" Liliya questioned. She rolled onto her side and gently tugged on Genya's hand to get her attention. There was no point trying to lie to Liliya. Genya knew that but she still felt embarassed.

"He was making a ring that Kirigan ordered be made," Genya explained with a gesture. She then turned to face Liliya, lying down next to her.

"For Alina?" Liliya asked curiously. Her eyes falling closed again now she knew that Genya was facing her and talking.

"Yeah. David came up with the idea. He was just finishing it," Genya muttered. Liliya smiled and moved one of her hands under the pillow. A soft yawn passing through her lips as she attempted to talk but it came out incoherent.

"And you were talking to him," Liliya repeated. The smile appearing on her lips. She was just glad that Genya was at least talking to the boy. He was so quiet most of the time and they barely ever saw each other so Liliya was glad there seemed to be some connection at least.

"I mostly just watched him work. He's wonderful," Genya gushed. A smile on her face that she desperately wished would go away. Liliya opened her mouth, tempted to make a comment about how Genya complimented nobody but decided against it. Deciding to take a different route.

"You are so in love with him. Just ask him out," Liliya muttered rather bluntly. Genya smacked her chest and Liliya pouted, opening her eyes. Genya gave her a playful glare and Liliya's pout quickly morphed into a smile.

"He's too busy," Genya argued. Liliya scoffed.

"And you have to look after the cow that is our Queen. You can make time," Liliya retorted. Genya narrowed her eyes and shook her head, rolling onto her back.

"No," Genya said simply. Liliya groaned and tugged on Genya's arm again, urging her to turn around so she could look at Liliya. But Genya stayed the way she was, barely even acknowledging that Liliya was tugging on her sleeve at all.

"Come on, Gen. I want you to be happy," Liliya said. The frown spread across her face and she was unsure of what to think. There was a look on Genya's face that Liliya didn't quite recognise.

"I can't be happy," Genya mumbled. Liliya quickly pushed herself to sit up. The frown deepened even more and the exhaustion seemed to disappear a little. There was still a blanket of exhaustion wrapped around her but it felt less consuming

"What?" Liliya asked, the concern laced her tone. Her hand reaching out to take Genya's intertwining their fingers but Genya was quick to pull away.

"Not with what's happening," Genya said as she moved to sit up too. Her legs crossing as she met Liliya's gaze. Liliya's eyebrows were pulled together, her frown only deepened more, "Don't give me that look. Kirigan told me what you're doing," Genya added, shaking her head slightly. Liliya wasn't entirely sure what she should say. She didn't know what Aleksander had told Genya and she didn't want to admit anything that she wasn't supposed to so.

Instead, she simply asked, "What are you talking about Genya?" The confusion still lacing her tone but it only seemed to irritate Genya who pushed the hair off her shoulder and shuffled back a little more.

"With Alina. I'm betraying her. She's only a girl. She shouldn't be playing a part in this. None of it," Genya explained quickly. The words falling from her lips before she even had a second to think about it. Liliya sighed and shuffled closer to Genya again.