17. To Stay Or Go

[Shoto's POV]

Kirishima was pacing, Amajiki was standing against the wall, and Kaminari was shooting little sparks out of his fingers. They were all waiting outside the abandoned building they originally started at, hoping that would be where Bakugo would join them again. Shoto had decided to join them, and since Eri wouldn't leave his side, she was also here. Shoto offered to wait at the hideout with her, but she claimed she didn't want to be trapped again just yet. So here they were, enjoying the outdoors, waiting in vain for any sign of their missing friend.

Kirishima huffed, sitting down beside Shoto. "I didn't think it'd take him this long to follow someone."

Shoto hummed, scanning the streets, "Maybe he was caught up in something? Or is watching something important so he can't leave yet?"

"Let's pray it's the latter," Kirishima ran a hand over his face.

Eri, who was leaning against Shoto's side, spoke up, "What does he look like?"

"He has beautiful red eyes, just like you, and fluffy blond hair and perfect skin—" Kirishima started before he was cut off.

"And an angry demeanor that makes it seem like he always wants to beat you up," Kaminari added, smirking.

Kirishima gave him a half-hearted punch to the arm, "Yeah, yeah, that too I guess."

Eri lifted a hand, pointing to something in the distance, "Can he fly?"

Kirishima shot up, eyes glued to the approaching explosions and shouting. A figure was quickly approaching, finally dropping from the sky when he was a few feet away. Kirishima bolted to him, lifting the figure and slinging one of his arms around his shoulders to steady him. They made their way back to the others, Kirishima fussing over the exhausted blond the whole way.

"Shitty hair, I said I'm fine." He looked up at Shoto, giving him a once over. "I see you're no longer kidnapped."

Shoto rolled his eyes and felt Eri's grip on his arm tighten slightly. He gave her a reassuring smile, "Don't worry, this is just Bakugo. He won't hurt you. He only hurts Kaminari."

"Yeah, what's up with that?" Denki whined, ceasing his lightning.

Bakugo gave an evil smirk, "You're an idiot, that's why." He gave Kirishima a small peck on the cheek, which is the most physical Shoto had seen the two get. "I'm tired. Let's go home."

Kirishima looked a bit startled that Bakugo had kissed him but tried his best to keep his face neutral. Shoto could see the concern in his eyes though.

"Oi, Halfie, I need to talk to you at some point, okay?" Bakugo called to him as they slowly started making their way back to the hideout.

"Oh, okay. What about?"

Bakugo grunted, "I'll let you know when we talk."

Shoto furrowed his brows slightly. What would be so important the blond wouldn't even say it in front of the others? Or maybe it was just because Eri was there?

They made their way to the hideout's entrance, Shoto slightly proud he no longer had to close his eyes to enter. He heard Eri's sharp in take of breath when the underground civilization came into view. She gazed at it in wonder, "That's a lot of people."

He nodded in response, still amazed by the sight himself. "Yes. They're all good people based on who I've met, too."

They reached the edge of the camp, Ojiro and Hagekure awaiting them. Hagekure had her gloves and boots on this time, probably as to not scare Eri. Ojiro gave them a bright smile, "Welcome back, guys. Good to see you're all right!"

Eri was staring at where Hagekure stood, eyes soaking up the sight in curiosity. "Are you invisible?"

Hagekure giggled, "Yes, I am! And you are beautiful, Eri. I'm super jealous of your hair!"

Eri's only response was a shy smile, but she seemed slightly more relaxed than when they came in. They all said goodbye to the watchful couple before entering the city of tents. Not as many people were here, probably because it was getting late. The group split when they reached the central area; Kirishima taking Bakugo to see Recovery Girl, even though he kept claiming all he needed was sleep. Amajiki also left, choosing to find Fatgum and Mirio and tell them what happened on their end.

Kaminari stretched his arms above his head, yawning. "Today's been a day."

Shoto cocked his head slightly, "Um, yes it has?"

"I mean it's been, like, eventful," Kaminari restated and Shoto mouthed an 'oh'.

Aizawa, who had apparently been waiting for them, stood up from one of the couches. "There you all are. Kaminari, could you leave us?"

Kaminari muttered something about going to find Shinso or Sero before reluctantly leaving the room. Aizawa gestured for Shoto and Eri to sit and they did, waiting for whatever it was Aizawa wanted to tell them. Eri leaned against Shoto's side again, probably for both warmth since it was his left and just reassurance.

Aizawa cleared his throat, "This question extends to both of you. I've talked with Nezu and some of the others of higher rank, and we would like to let you know that if you choose to stay, you are both welcome. Todoroki, I know you originally wanted to help free Eri then leave the kingdom, and if you still wish to do that, we will still help you. Eri, however, will be a concern if she goes with you, but if you're determined and want her to go, we can help you two leave as soon as you'd want. You also do not have to decide immediately, I just thought I'd let you know as soon as possible."

Shoto let all of that soak in. He honestly forgot about wanting to leave, caught up in helping get Eri free. He looked down at the small girl, who was looking back up at him with bright eyes. "If you don't want me with you, I can stay here. B-but..." She looked down, as if slightly embarrassed. "I would prefer to stay with you, if you'd be fine with that."

Shoto gave her a soft smile, "I'm perfectly fine with that. In that case, I'll let you decide. Would you rather stay here with everyone or leave to try and start a new life?"

Eri glanced at Aizawa, then around the room, assessing the situation. Her fingers fiddled with Shoto's sleeve. "C-could we stay here for a bit? Even if you want to leave later that's fine, but even just to let everything settle down?"

Shoto gently wrapped his arms around Eri in a protective hug. "I'm fine with that. I'll always be here to protect you, Eri. I won't leave."

I won't do what Touya did.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-1,104 words-

Hello again fellow insomniacs! Oh my gosh that word looks weird wtf

Anything from here on out is back in Shoto's POV unless it says otherwise btw!

The real fun is coming up soon...I hope I mean I think it'll be fun but I haven't written it yet so idrk LOL

QOTC: weirdest mha ship you've seen that you've ended up loving?

get sleep or water or food or whatever and then enjoy your life :))